Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #1

Residential Refrigerator Batteries

Today I ordered a 2014 36CKTS. The dealer told me the unit did not come with the four batteries for the 18cf refrigerator, I would have to purchase those separately. Is this correct?
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #2

You have a dealer that is trying to get off cheap. When I picked up my 36 CKTS, there were 4 brand new batteries installed. I believe you will find that most dealers will provide the batteries.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Batteries not included. However, they were negotiable at the time of purchase along with other things. At this point you can still negotiate the price of the batteries.
There are other things that you can do down the road that are situation dependent.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #4

mine came with it, my new aviator came with them, my ridgeview came with them, my 36re came with them and my airstream came with them...... change dealers
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #5

I didn't have to negotiate or ask for the batteries. They just stuck them in. I've actually been quite pleased with my Dealer. They seem always ready to help and go a step further than necessary.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
I didn't have to negotiate or ask for the batteries. They just stuck them in. I've actually been quite pleased with my Dealer. They seem always ready to help and go a step further than necessary.
I did not have to negotiate either however you make an excellent point. It is all about the dealer. But I did ask the question before I signed on the dotted line because you never know what the dealership policy is until you ask.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #7

If out fridge is 12v, and we don't boondock much, is there a need to switch? My 36ckts came with 1 12v.
Loringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #8

Mine came with 4 Interstate batteries and not at any extra cost.
jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loringj View Post
If out fridge is 12v, and we don't boondock much, is there a need to switch? My 36ckts came with 1 12v.
If you mean that you have the stock absorption fridge then this thread has nothing to do with your unit. However, your fridge is not 12v in either case.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
Mine came with 4 Interstate batteries and not at any extra cost.
Fuzzy math?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #11

We just recently picked up our 36CKTS with residential fridge. It had four 6 volt golf cart batteries installed (the best choice for deep cycle use). Batteries were never mentioned by dealer. We did learn that Lazydays installed the batteries by a weight card supplied by the dealer stating 4 batteries weight 200lbs & Satellite dish 53lbs increased the dry weight by that amount.
Hard to imagine batteries as an option in any RV. Lights, water pump, hydraulic pump,slides,awning, electronic controls for gas fridge, etc. all need 12v to operate. Surely one battery is standard. Looking back at our Retail Price/option sheet, it states 18 cu ft electric fridge w/Inverter & Icemaker. No mention of batteries.
Reckon we are learning how Mr. Buffet earned his billions.
Jim
UncleFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
Full Timer

I bought my CC from a wholesaler, they told up front before I got there that it came with one 12v deep cycle Interstate battery and that they could sell me the other ones or I could bring my own. I figured I would mess with it later on, and I knew up front I was buying from a wholesaler and there would be things like that come up but I saved a fortune from what three other dealers priced me so I was fine with it. After I picked the rig up I blew an inline fuse for the jacks I didn't see at the time, I thought they might not be working because the 1 12 volt battery wasn't enough so in a hasty decision I went to Costco and bought 4 6 Volts before I made it home, obviously that didn't fix the problem. If I had a choice I would stick with one 12volt battery for our use. We don't dry camp or travel that far in one day and most of the time we run the generator when we travel to help get in its month run time.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer69 View Post
Today I ordered a 2014 36CKTS. The dealer told me the unit did not come with the four batteries for the 18cf refrigerator, I would have to purchase those separately. Is this correct?
This is news to us. When we purchased our '13 36CKTS with the 18 cf residential fridge it came w/ 4 batteries.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
I bought my CC from a wholesaler, they told up front before I got there that it came with one 12v deep cycle Interstate battery and that they could sell me the other ones or I could bring my own. I figured I would mess with it later on, and I knew up front I was buying from a wholesaler and there would be things like that come up but I saved a fortune from what three other dealers priced me so I was fine with it. After I picked the rig up I blew an inline fuse for the jacks I didn't see at the time, I thought they might not be working because the 1 12 volt battery wasn't enough so in a hasty decision I went to Costco and bought 4 6 Volts before I made it home, obviously that didn't fix the problem. If I had a choice I would stick with one 12volt battery for our use. We don't dry camp or travel that far in one day and most of the time we run the generator when we travel to help get in its month run time.

That's the same with me. It is from a wholesale dealer, but even buying them myself I am still a few thousand less than the other dealers I talked with. that includes the cost of me driving 1000 miles to go get it.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #15

Same here. Picked up my 2014 36CKTS last week and they were just installing the 4 6-volt batteries when I arrived. I have the residential fridge as well.
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatter View Post
Same here. Picked up my 2014 36CKTS last week and they were just installing the 4 6-volt batteries when I arrived. I have the residential fridge as well.
Glad they didn't try to cheat you. Now, I hope they wired them properly. Mine had one pair incorrectly grounded and they would not charge. Once I fixed that, everything was wonderful!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #17

Sounds like your dealer is one of the good ones ! Our dealer upgraded the 1 12v to the 27 series and we were able to get the second one thrown in ,we also have a residential fridge and since we don't boondock 2 should be good for us, also our truck charges the batteries while in motion, Always stay cold and never have to worry about opening the doors too much or too hot of weather, we will never go back to the Nevercolds and Vomitecs of the RV world , they caused us more headaches than they are worth. Happy Trails !!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Glad they didn't try to cheat you. Now, I hope they wired them properly. Mine had one pair incorrectly grounded and they would not charge. Once I fixed that, everything was wonderful!
Funny you should say that. I had to help the guy out who was trying to wire it up.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Sounds like your dealer is one of the good ones ! Our dealer upgraded the 1 12v to the 27 series and we were able to get the second one thrown in ,we also have a residential fridge and since we don't boondock 2 should be good for us, also our truck charges the batteries while in motion, Always stay cold and never have to worry about opening the doors too much or too hot of weather, we will never go back to the Nevercolds and Vomitecs of the RV world , they caused us more headaches than they are worth. Happy Trails !!
Sounds like you have something that will work well for you. I know what you mean about the RV fridges though. The older ones used to be a lot of trouble. I'm really looking forward to having 18 cubic feet of fridge and not having to carry a cooler in the back of the truck to store drinks.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatter View Post
Sounds like you have something that will work well for you. I know what you mean about the RV fridges though. The older ones used to be a lot of trouble. I'm really looking forward to having 18 cubic feet of fridge and not having to carry a cooler in the back of the truck to store drinks.
And we all know that we can never have TOO MUCH refrigerator space !!