Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

roof top satellite dish

Does anyone know if you can access the satellite wire where the dish is installed from inside the coach. I need to join the satellite wire together in the roof to carry signal from receiver in back of coach to the tv in the bedroom. Do I have to open the area on roof or can I access from inside.
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
gsp050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #2

If it was prewired from the factory for the dish then cable is already in place. You cannot access it from the inside. On the roof where the cable from the dish goes in the roof there is a cover. Remove it and you should be able to find two coax. Just install a splitter.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

Its prewired. I have a dual tv satellite receiver and use a dish on a tripod. When I try to send signal on inside cable wire to rear it is fuzzy and not watchable. Antenna booster interfers and I don't want to change that wiring. Was hoping to use the prewire sat wire to feed receiver to bedroom tv. Did not want to open the roof if I didn't have to. Guess I need to go get some sealant and get to work. Thanks for the reply was hoping I could get to it from inside.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:00 PM   #4

My 2015 has access inside the cabinet within the bedroom next to the bathroom. In the top of that closet is a cover for the satellite wires and there is 110 volt receptacle and 12 volt receptacle. This cover is directly below the soft spot on the roof that contains the prewired satellite wiring. This closet in the bedroom has the dirty clothes hamper built in the bottom of the cabinet. Good luck hope you have the same thing on your CC.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #5

Thanks for the info, will check and let you know what I find
Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #6

Mine has the closet in the very front of rv. The closet is actually in the cap, in the top of closet is what you have and it is labeled for travelr control wires, but only able to get to one wire that has a plug on the end. Can't access the cable wire. Guess I will be climbing on the roof in the morning.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp050 View Post
Mine has the closet in the very front of rv. The closet is actually in the cap, in the top of closet is what you have and it is labeled for travelr control wires, but only able to get to one wire that has a plug on the end. Can't access the cable wire. Guess I will be climbing on the roof in the morning.
What you described is what I have in my 36CKTS. That is where you would plug into the control box for the Trav'ler antenna. My coax cables were located under the labeled area accessible from the roof only. It was about 18" in from the edge above the entry door... A good distance away from the bedroom hamper closet.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #8

Thanks, thats where i found mine
Old 09-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #9

You need separate feed for each satellite box, you can't use a splitter. Wired should be accessable in attic area you just have to remove vents, lights, speakers, etc to find them.
Center Point suspension
2018 Ram Laramie 3500 6'4" box 2WD
Demco AutoSlide 18k
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #10

I am not going to use a roof antenna. I have a dish that i use on a tripod that works great, have no problem getting signal to receiver. The main tv at the box has a great picture. I have a dual tuner receiver and cannot get a good signal to the bedroom tv. What i plan on doing is on the roof where my unit is prewired for a dish is to join the satellite cables together as one long piece from main tv to the bedroom and use this cable to carry the satellite signal to the second tv. By doing this i do not have to rewire and bypass the tv booster. I will not need a splitter in the attic. Will only have to use a splitter in the bedroom if i want to have cable or over the air antenna reception in the bedroom. Hope i have made myself clear on what i am planning on doing. As soon as i am able to get some dicor sealant will try this and will post the results as to how it works.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #11

You should turn off antenna booster
There is a button next to the cable.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #12

I have tried. It does not matter if booster is on or off, the signal from the receiver to tv # 2 will not get thru. I ran a wire from receiver across the floor to tv # 2 and signal was great. When i try to run the signal thru the cable wire it will not get thru with a usable signal. This is why i am going to connect the prewired satellite wire in the roof together and feed from the receiver to tv # 2. It should be a direct line from wall behind receiver to the bedroom where tv # 2 is located. It will have no splitters just one connector joining the two together.

Tags
roo, roof, satellite