Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

RV refrigerator

I like a RV refrigerator, this is the question can you put a RV refrigerator in the Creek that has a house type in now. My 32RL came from the factory with the house type refrigerator installed but I would like to put in a RV refrigerator. I wonder if it could be installed. I know what one would cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Site Team

Anything is possible.

Looks like you're in luck in one aspect. Looks like the stove is in the slide with the fridge. That means that gas is already ran into the slide area, so getting it to the fridge is minor. Now you need to worry about lower access panel/vent and upper vent. You should contact the Cedar Creek division to see if an RV fridge is an option in that unit. If it is, then the framework should handle cutting the wall to add the venting.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #3

I believe so; this was a $2,023 option for our Cedar Creek 34RL from the factory.

The only issue I see is cutting out the side wall for the refrigerator panels and the roof opening for the refrigerator. The gas line is routed down the side for the stove/oven which you can tap into and there is power available.

Do you really need the RV refrigerator? I talked my wife out of the RV unit since I did have issues with our other two 5er's and the RV refrigerators in them. The cheap drain hose would always fail and leak water! One of the 5er's water entered around the opening of the cutout for the cooling panel in the side wall. The caulk had failed.

I also think the less intrusion into a unit the less chance of water entering the trailer and doing damage. Such as no opening it the roof and side walls for the refrigerator.
Just my $0.02
Old 09-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I believe so; this was a $2,023 option for our Cedar Creek 34RL from the factory.

The only issue I see is cutting out the side wall for the refrigerator panels and the roof opening for the refrigerator. The gas line is routed down the side for the stove/oven which you can tap into and there is power available.

Do you really need the RV refrigerator? I talked my wife out of the RV unit since I did have issues with our other two 5er's and the RV refrigerators in them. The cheap drain hose would always fail and leak water! One of the 5er's water entered around the opening of the cutout for the cooling panel in the side wall. The caulk had failed.

I also think the less intrusion into a unit the less chance of water entering the trailer and doing damage. Such as no opening it the roof and side walls for the refrigerator.
Just my $0.02

You make some good points, I was just wondering. I know I'm going to have trouble with water lines this winter, the water line to the ice maker is going to freeze. I guess I could turn that line off I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #5

I was crawling around the other day underneath my Cedar Creek 34RL, and look at the water line to the refrigerator. There is a cap that will screw off to allow water to drain I also believe that the valve if left open this allow water to drain from the refrigerator. You might then be able to to add a blow off plug to the water line to blow out water from the ice maker. There is also a thread in the motorhome threads on how to winterized the ice maker.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I was crawling around the other day underneath my Cedar Creek 34RL, and look at the water line to the refrigerator. There is a cap that will screw off to allow water to drain I also believe that the valve if left open this allow water to drain from the refrigerator. You might then be able to to add a blow off plug to the water line to blow out water from the ice maker. There is also a thread in the motorhome threads on how to winterized the ice maker.
As long as you drain the cube feed line and valve, the cuber will fend for itself, after all it is an ICE cuber.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #7

You must winterize the fridge lines. I cracked the solenoid water valve when it froze. It's expensive.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator