Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2016, 06:16 AM   #1

RV Snap Pads on Level Up

Is anyone using the new RV Snap Pads on their Level Up feet? One park we go to requires pads under the metal feet. I always put the plastic blocks under all the feet to limit the length of travel for a more stable feel. Looks like these Snap Pads would add close to an inch to the feet.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #2

Yep, we have them and like them. There are several posts here regarding them, try doing a search.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #3

Found a lot of discussion over on irv2.com. The company representative is active there. Thanks.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #4

I just viewed a video on the RV Snappads and how they work. A good idea, but it is not what I would use. I like more support thickness under the hydraulic struts, between the ground and the pad. I use 2-4"X4"X8" cedar post under each front strut pad and at least two 1"X 12"X12" plastic pads under the other hydraulic struts at the wheels. I have found by limiting the extension on the struts you have less motion when walking in the trailer. Also some sites take more pads to level up the trailer otherwise the level up system hydraulic struts may not have enough stroke to level the trailer.
Just my very humble opinion
Old 03-27-2016, 07:41 AM   #5

Granted they are spiffy looking, but for @$135 for a set of six for a level up sytem, I could carry around my current 2X10's and have money to burn elsewhere. Yeah I know, wood will split. I just saw another and use the old one for campfire kindling.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:55 AM   #6

I use 6 10x10x12 Cedar Blocks. They were free and they work GREAT

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #7

When we started camping in a trailer we were all about the $$$, we had a pop-up and loved it. We moved through a few TT's and I had all the blocks, pads and so on, it would take a couple of beers to get level.

When we bought a 5th wheel some of the major things we wanted was comfort and convenience. The reason you spend the $ on something like a set of Snap Pads is just for that.

It means we usually don't have to mess with blocks. Now I get a beer and push a button and watch it do the level dance.

P.S. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a 4x6 stall mat that was 3/4" thick and cut it into 1' squares so we have 24 1' rubber pads for $35, I guess I'm still a little cheap.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
CDR USN Ret

"Marketing to Millennials" - applied to Snap Pad
1. Take a mostly impractical product.
Product that does not significantly increase load bearing area.
their advertising - "No more positioning jackpads or levelers under an RV".
Product does not provide differential stacking (2 on one, 1 on another- if you get into this situation you're still going to need something else).
their advertising - Protects leveling foot from rust and other damage. How many jack feet have you had rust away???? If you're worried about ground contact rusting your feet - spray some undercoat on their bottoms.
2. Set a grossly inflated price on it. ($135-ouch)
3. Convince the target consumer it's the "in" thing to own - their advertising: "Complements the look and feel of any RV"
4. Don't ever mention its deficiencies
Advertised as "Can still be removed if necessary" but their installation instruction tells you this will void their warranty - but of course you don't read the installation instructions 'till AFTER you've bought them.
5. Sit back and collect your money
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSQR View Post
"Marketing to Millennials" - applied to Snap Pad
1. Take a mostly impractical product.
Product that does not significantly increase load bearing area.
their advertising - "No more positioning jackpads or levelers under an RV".
Product does not provide differential stacking (2 on one, 1 on another- if you get into this situation you're still going to need something else).
their advertising - Protects leveling foot from rust and other damage. How many jack feet have you had rust away???? If you're worried about ground contact rusting your feet - spray some undercoat on their bottoms.
2. Set a grossly inflated price on it. ($135-ouch)
3. Convince the target consumer it's the "in" thing to own - their advertising: "Complements the look and feel of any RV"
4. Don't ever mention its deficiencies
Advertised as "Can still be removed if necessary" but their installation instruction tells you this will void their warranty - but of course you don't read the installation instructions 'till AFTER you've bought them.
5. Sit back and collect your money
X2
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
X2
x3
jdavanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #11

I stained and added rope handles to 4x6 pieces, these work great on solid ground but for soft ground I'm afraid they could still punch thru the surface if it's very soft, so I have a round piece for that. Just stuff left over from another project that are inexpensive and easily available at Lowe's. I might consider reinforcing the round disk though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Block.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	103214
2003 Dodge Cummins w/Banks 3:73
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote