Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #1

Satellite Dish Connection Problem

For the past 2 weekends I have been troubleshooting my satellite dish connections with no success. I have a Dish 211 receiver which outputs 19 volts DC on the coax cable connection going to the dish. I pull the satellite wall plate off and checked to see good voltage through the barrel connector on the wall plate which is 19 volts DC. When checking the satellite connection in the utility closet outside I am getting no voltage. I know it is good to the cable leaving behind the receiver. There is 3 connections in the utility closet outside and none read voltage. By the way this is 19 dc volts which is suppose to drive the dish per Winegard. Does anyone know if this is a home run from the TV center to the outside connection for the satellite hook up?

This is a brand new coach just received 4 weeks ago. No sure what else to check before calling Cedar Creek for support. Might have to take it in but was hoping to fix myself. I did put on a new connector behind the wall plate at the TV side in hopes it was a bad connector. That did not solve be problem.

Anyone have ideas what to try next?

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

On my 30rl cedar creek I had about the same problem, Tom Johnson techs said the camper was put togather by the Amish and they would sometimes mess up how the satellite was hooked up. I had a tailgater with Dish and I hooked it up straight to the receiver until I could get it fixed. The tech told me the connections were messed up in the Cedar Creek but he fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #3

Same deal in my 2015 Silverback. I have the fully automatic Winegard and 2; 211z's. Ran direct through a window and to tv. Tried to trace issue myself, no luck. Went to rally and techs discovered that main control panel looked like it was proper, however, a cable was not making full contact.
Some hints:
•Check Each input point for contact
•Place your Winegard w handle due north and fairly clear vision of southern sky
• unplug your 211z for 1 minute and replug it in.
• you MUST see set up screen where you select info.
• where it says 1 or 2 receivers, pick 1
---------------------
System should be turning and seeking.
These DISH systems are touchy until you get a feel for them. You have to call them each time to get local channels. That is because they have to send your receiver a signal based on your PRESENT, not billing, zip code.
If all fails, run that cord from your Winegard thru a window and direct hook it to your 211z. You have to be unplugged and start the process from scratch.
They are a royal pain but you can get there.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #4

I had a bad barrel connector outside in the docking station. Remove the cable in back and check for voltage there. Good luck!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #5

Had same problem and found that it was the splitter coming from the dish to the TV's. Had to contact wingard to get replacement splitter because on my unit the splitter was proprietary. works fine now.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #6

Dish Info

With Satellite Dish systems the splitter must have a passive port to let that voltage pass thru to power the LNB(Low Noise Block amplifier). The LNB is what is at the end of the arm on the Dish. If there is a Non Passive splitter installed in between the Satellite internal and external connections, that will cause your issue. Hope this may help some?
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #7

All thanks for the help. CC support is great. Heard back from them and the fix was very easy. The Satellite Dish Hookup plate is only if mounted on the roof. If you have a mobile dish then you use the Aux/Sat port which goes to the bay connection.

I thought that this attachment would help others if they have the same issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423018649.662440.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	69167

Tom & Marilyn
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
All thanks for the help. CC support is great. Heard back from them and the fix was very easy. The Satellite Dish Hookup plate is only if mounted on the roof. If you have a mobile dish then you use the Aux/Sat port which goes to the bay connection.

I thought that this attachment would help others if they have the same issue.

Attachment 69167

Tom & Marilyn

Thanks. I will keep this for future use

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite