Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #1

Satellite/modem/cable box 38EL

For you 38EL owners out there who have satellite or cable, where do you put the receivers? Don't see a lot of room around that TV......

Old 08-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #2

I have a 2017 38el with a 60 inch Samsung tv. I have 3 inches of clearance below the tv. My dish 211z fits with an inch to spare.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #3

Thanks. After much researching, scouring, and analysis, we purchased our 38EL and pick it up soon. We looked at this model for weeks and placed all of our stuff in it. Or so I thought......

I totally spaced checking the ability to add 'boxes' in and around the TV. I knew there was space behind, but couldn't determine how one would use receivers.

Momentary panic attack avoided.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #4

We've had our 38 EL for one week and love it. There is so much storage space. We have cabinet shelves and drawer space that we have not even filled.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #5

Looked at one today. You could place the electronics behind the fireplace and use an IR repeater if you can't find room. Love the floor plan, looks like we pull the plug on one soon.
Does anyone have experience with the induction cooktop?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #6

We routinely used a portable induction cook top from Walmart in our 2014 Cedar Creek that we traded in and loved it so We were very happy with the induction cooktop in our 38el. We already had induction cookware with nonstick surfaces and didn't even open the box of cookware that came with the rv. We did find that one of our sauce pans that works on our portable unit does not work on the rv cooktop even though it passes the magnet test. Our skillets work fine. We don't find any difference in using the induction cooktop and our electric cooktop at home. We really like the convention oven microwave. It cooks so much better than our propane stove in the other rv. The kitchen area looks so much brighter and roomer without the propane stove which we didn't use much because of the inconvenience of lighting the pilot every time to use the oven. Also the added drawer space gained by replacing the propane stove is a real bonus.

Tags
cable, satellite, modifications