Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #1

Satellite TV

Just turned in my inop Tailgater and bought the Dish Pathfinder 2X. Hopefully I made a smart choice . Please comment on experiences you have .
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

I'll be interested in your experience as I'm a couple of weeks behind you and have been looking at the X1! What made you choose the X2 instead of the X1?
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #3

X2 supports 2 separate 211 z receivers. I had one plus the new unit came with one. We like to watch different channels from time to time; ie, NASCAR Sundays. RV is 60 miles from home. Daughter due any day with 3rd grandchild. Going to be a week or 2 before I get to wire this new unit up . Will post as soon as I am successful.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #4

Ahhh...the X1 also supports 2 receivers from the VIP series...so I'm inferring that the PathwayX2 supports the one receiver you already have but the X1 doesn't. Is that correct?
I don't have any Dish service so am starting from scratch and Winegaurd makes it hard to compare their various products. I simple spread sheet or comparison function would be nice...but at least they make good products and stand behind them!
Good luck with the X2...it looks like the only difference for a newby like me is that it is larger on the downside...and gets a bit better reception in tougher conditions due to the size of the dish.
...and good luck with #3...we just launched #1 last week!
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #5

I checked out what was going to make the easiest set up scenario. (For me).
Then I chose this one "hoping" for success. Results to be determined since our RV is north of home and grandson is ready to be born! Cannot stray far from home area. (Daughter and family live 2 miles away and WE are retired). My Tailgater (new) had issues and I had 2 yr full replacement through CW . Spent more money hoping for success.

Tags
satellite