Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
Has anyone been able to watch programs recorded on their dvr WITHOUT having to connect a dish? I am told by both direct tv and dish network that this cannot be done.
I see myself camping in locations not in direct view of the satellite and don't want to worry about someone walking off with an expensive portable dish.
For most of my trips having lots of stored movies and programs is just fine as I don't follow sports.
It can be done with Directv DVR. No clue about Dish DVR's.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #22

Recordings on a Dish network receiver can be watched without it being connected to a dish.
toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

my dish dvr works fine in my camper .
everything I can do with it at home I can do with it in the camper.
locals
hd
dvr
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullskidr View Post
Looks like Dish and Vuqube have teamed up...sorta...
Tailgater - Portable Satellite TV Antenna - Take TV Outdoors With DISH!
We recently purchased the Tailgater system from DISH and our early experiences with it are very positive. The setup was easy and I like the fact that we will be able to stop and restart service without any fees. I was surprised that the basic monthly service charge included HD and local stations.

I was tired of not being able to watch the morning news at many of the state parks and COE campgrounds that we stay at so I decided to break down and buy the system. I'm glad I did.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
We elected to go with Dish Network and the Winegard Travler antenna. Works great, pay as you go, no contract works for us.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #26

9 dish recievers in my home ( 14 tuners total, none connected to phone) 1 sling enabled reciever in my trailer (again no phone).....my boxes are all on broadband but no phone. 9yrs with dish, only issue was when lightening fried oneof my switch banks....installer gave me an extra setup for camper for free...only 50+ mph sustained winds affect my signal....it is expensive, but due more to my programming choices than anything. If you need customer service, use the online chat feature....easier to understand, and usually a more knowledgeable (ie technical) rep......dish is cheaper in long run especially on any packages with premium channels....
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj
9 dish recievers in my home ( 14 tuners total, none connected to phone) 1 sling enabled reciever in my trailer (again no phone).....my boxes are all on broadband but no phone. 9yrs with dish, only issue was when lightening fried oneof my switch banks....installer gave me an extra setup for camper for free...only 50+ mph sustained winds affect my signal....it is expensive, but due more to my programming choices than anything. If you need customer service, use the online chat feature....easier to understand, and usually a more knowledgeable (ie technical) rep......dish is cheaper in long run especially on any packages with premium channels....
What the heck do you do with 9 receivers and 14 tuners?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #28

4 for bedrooms
1 for shop
1 for pool area
1 for theatre
1 for kitchen
1 for master bath

Some of those are dual tuner and either run another tv somewhere (like the pool receiver which runs another tv in attached garage)or are used for pic in pic on one tv like in theatre so we can watch multiple games on same tv.....

Yes, it got out of hand, lol , but dish kinda forces you since it's one box to one high def output.....and I wanted hd on every tv...9 years ago we started in a duplex with two receivers , and as family and houses grew so did our 'dish ' spread...
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote