Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

security lights

Hi,

We just took delivery of a 2019 Cedar Creek 31IK in the control panel is has an option to turn on the security lights .. but I don't know any security lights outside .. i can hear a relay or something click when i turn it on but no lights that turn on. Your thoughts??

Thanks
MCA01462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #2

Have you tried turning it on and investigating outside in the dark (sometimes they arent obvious in the daylight)? I dont have the same trailer, so I'm just theorizing. Our trailer has two switches for the outside. One is called "Scare" and that turns on the awning light strip. The other, I dont recall the name off the top of my head, turns on the amber color light right outside the door. Most trailers have the amber light and the awning light, and my experience is they always have separate switches (and the naming convention can be somewhat radical).

Also welcome to the forum, I am very familiar with Lunenburg, I grew up in Pepperell and Townsend. Worked at the Hannaford when I was in high school.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

Yes I tried that last night .. but i will do it again with someone else around they may see something different than me.

WOW ... small world isn't it ...
Old 08-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #4

Or 2019.5 33IK doesn't have any security or "scare" lights, just the amber light by the door and a step light, plus the led string under the awning. We had two on our previous Rockwood travel trailer, but it looks like they have eliminated them on our new trailer.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #5

Thank you for the replies! Looks like no more security lights!
Old 08-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #6

Our 34 IK (not quite 2 months old) has a security light and it is on the opposite door side between the 2 slides. I know this because my wife just found it a few hrs ago here at the Goshen Rally. It is fairly bright white light, but I would not characterize it as a Scare Light.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #7

My 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek Hathaway model does not have any security light on the trailer either. The panel opening is blocked for the passenger side, but the driver side has a switch for an outside light, near the service bay. I will use this when we either set-up or I need to empty the tanks in the late evening with low light levels.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #8

I wonder if it is one of those things where "some" models in the lineup have that, and some dont. But they use they same panel. That is pretty common. But what is odd is that you do have a switch. In my experience when you have one of those "options" on the panel, but dont actually have the option in your rig, they put a "blank" on the panel, so there is no switch. Similar to the auto industry that has blanks if your vehicle "can" have the option, but your particular vehicle isnt equipped with it. Perhaps you will some day figure it out. Maybe the light that it provides power to, has a switch on the light, and that switch on the light is off, and thus flipping the switch on the panel does nothing (but if you have successfully turned on all lights, that probably isnt the case). The other thought is it could be for if you decided to add lights under the chassis?

Old 08-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Our 34 IK (not quite 2 months old) has a security light and it is on the opposite door side between the 2 slides. I know this because my wife just found it a few hrs ago here at the Goshen Rally. It is fairly bright white light, but I would not characterize it as a Scare Light.
Look for this light.

I have that light and it is helpful when dumping in the dark.

Bob
HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #10

Our 2019 37MBH has the Security Lights button on the IC and like yours, we can hear the relay click but nothing happens. Only lights we have on the outside of the camper are above the steps, at the steps and the front cap none of which come on with the security lights switch.

So far I'm not very impressed with how CC customizes the In-Command system. Security lights button that does nothing. Water Heater button again does nothing. Generator showing but I have no generator.

We purchased the Furrion Observation Camera and was [I]hoping[I] that it would be activated with the security lights button but instead it requires the parking lights turned on. Not a big fan of having to run the truck lights all the time.

Would love for CC to assist those of us with the IC to get these items "fixed".
Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #11

There is a way to get the parking lights to stay on while you are camped. And with them on, you can see the rear camera in your monitor. You could probably google it, or someone might know the exact configuration, but you can take a regular auto style blade fuse, after slightly bending the blades to slide in the slots (because they are angled from each other, not a straight line), you can insert the fuse into your "umbilical cord" and connect two of the 7 prongs, and that will keep your trailer lights on all the time. I believe it is the #1 and #7 on the cord.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #12
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
There is a way to get the parking lights to stay on while you are camped. And with them on, you can see the rear camera in your monitor. You could probably google it, or someone might know the exact configuration, but you can take a regular auto style blade fuse, after slightly bending the blades to slide in the slots (because they are angled from each other, not a straight line), you can insert the fuse into your "umbilical cord" and connect two of the 7 prongs, and that will keep your trailer lights on all the time. I believe it is the #1 and #7 on the cord.
That's what I would say for when camped, if driving I do not know why you'd not want your lights on for safety even. I also see the marker lights which let's me see if they are flickering because the umbilical is coming loose for some reason. I made a dummy plug for the cord with a switch and fuse for the parking lights.

As for the control panels they just make one and put it on everything to save costs. Welcome to the world of rvs. Where every penny saved is more $$ in their pockets.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #13

You can customize and edit the IC and remove /rename unused functions.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light