Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #1

Angry Several problems with new CC champagne38EL

When we brought it home the fireplace had slid out and was laying on the floor. Leveling system doesn't work,properly and now we have found the underneath of camper is all rusted. Taking back in to where we bought it. EXTREMELY frustrated!! Anyone else,have any of these problems?
Gram102555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

ADVICE: get that 2 yr factory warranty registered right now!!
FR is great to work with and will get you fixed up. BUT, protect your camping pleasure.
Stuff happens!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #3

Did your dealer give you a thorough PDI? A good dealer will spend 4 to 6 hours going over the coach with you.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Several problems with new CC champagne38EL

I think a 4-6 hour pdi is a little extreme.
2 hours is plenty for a pdi and it sounds like you didn't get one.

Sounds like they need to remount the fire place, and show you how to work the leveling system.
Frame rust, theyll coat it and you'll be on your way.
Looks like your in Texas, I wouldn't concern yourself with surface rust.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:56 AM   #5

If your fireplace is like ours in our River Stone you need to bend the small plastic tab on the bottom front upwards to secure the fireplace.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:01 AM   #6

new rv??

is this new to you or a NEW unit?
Gary
etcmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #7

regarding the CC champagne problems

It's a brand new unit. We have had 3 fifth wheels. They did a walk through. Obviously the rust was there but the other problems didn't present until,we,got home to use: the leveling system, broken fireplace, bad inverter. Of course the warranty will cover but it's a hassle to haul,it in and be out of commission for no telling how long. Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
If your fireplace is like ours in our River Stone you need to bend the small plastic tab on the bottom front upwards to secure the fireplace.
I just went to look for the tab you mentioned . Didn't see anything. Something else that should have been pointed out to us if there is one.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Just looked for tab. Didn't see one. Something else that should have been pointed out. Now they get to fix.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by etcmss View Post
is this new to you or a NEW unit?
Gary
Brand new, 2016.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #11

What is wrong with leveling system?

I have 4 month old CC, and everything works great. Had water heater replaced, but that has been extent of any issues at all worth mentioning. I did replace the kitchen faucet but everyone does sooner or later.

Sounds like you got "New Guy Started Work Today" maybe.......... all that can be fixed. Yes, it's a hassle to return it. That sucks.........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #12
DDC

New unit New price range, same old quality, trying to build a unit that takes say 12 hours of timed and studied hours to assemble in 6 hours something suffers. Dealer don't
sound to swift either they are expected to rebuild it before delivery, they are not all like this but too many are.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #13

Warranty Period

I thought the warranty period is one year? How do you register the warranty? The dealer sent the info into Forest River.
karpcbk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Several problems with new CC champagne38EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpcbk15 View Post
I thought the warranty period is one year? How do you register the warranty? The dealer sent the info into Forest River.

They dealer should have offered you forest rivers second year warranty for $150.0 in my case.
Dealers offen have a hidden agenda to sell you a third party warranty for which they get kick backs for.
You have a written ten days to complete registration for 2nd year warranty after purchasing.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
They dealer should have offered you forest rivers second year warranty for $150.0 in my case.
Dealers offen have a hidden agenda to sell you a third party warranty for which they get kick backs for.
You have a written ten days to complete registration for 2nd year warranty after purchasing.
It's now $250.00 for the second year on Cedar Creeks
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #16
DDC

Do a search on here for 2nd year warranty, the ten day thing has changed, I paid $250 for my Silverback but I think it's worth it.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Do a search on here for 2nd year warranty, the ten day thing has changed, I paid $250 for my Silverback but I think it's worth it.
I don't remember being offered 2 years for $150or $250 just the 5,6,7 years for few thousands of dollars.. Will call dealer to find out about that. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #18

Cedar creek

The 2d year warranty for any cedar creek is 250$ . Our salesman gave us the paperwork up front without asking. As far as a PDI time wise , we spent a full 8 hours and then some . Everything we noted was fixed by the dealer b4 it rolled off the lot . If you find it on the pdi they will fix it asap to get paid and get the unit to the customer . It took a month to fix waiting for parts, but we have had it since May and everything is good to go
litespan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:43 PM   #19

Gram102555

The fireplace in my 38 EL also fell on the floor I called CC and talked to --

Sheila McGee
Cedar Creek
Parts & Warranty Representative
260-593-4000

She sent me the part that they came up with the fix I will attach the file, if I can. The fix didn't work for me as the movement allowed the little metal tab move downward releasing the fireplace. Now I BJ welded rubber on the tab from a old bike tube. I haven't tested that yet on the road but if that doesn't work hook and loop will be the next fix. Also FYI the strap on the ref will not keep the doors closed I have a fix for that but I don't know how to post pictures of it. Another problem you might encounter is the on demand H2O heater. If the H20 flow is not sufficient it will not activate the heater.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fireplace fix.pdf (271.4 KB, 79 views)
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #20

My fireplace came loose during travel also. I drilled holes at each end of the bar located at the bottom of the fireplace, put eye hooks in the wood below the holes, and use small black cable ties through the holes and eye hooks. I don't plan on using the space behind the fireplace much as storage, so the inconvenience of removing the cable ties will not be a problem.

I am very interested in how you keep your refrigerator/freezer doors closed. If you can describe your system, I would appreciate it.

We had trouble with the tankless water heater for a couple of days. The red light indicating the flame had not lit came on often. We turned it off and then back on and the water heater worked fine. After a couple of days this problem went away. We assume there was air in the lines and the situation corrected itself. We have only been to one campground since we got our unit, but after the first couple of days it has worked fine.

We really like our new unit except for one thing. We did not like the steps leading into the bedroom. The grooves in them were uncomfortable and collected dirt. The grooves may have been to prevent slipping, but we didn't like them. We bought Oak stair tread's from Lowe's, stained and finished them, and replace the original treads.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote