Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
Oklahoma Proud

Well our dealer threw in the second year- and told us about it when we were just looking. Maybe we just have the best dealer ever.
He even said that the third party finance company would try to sell us a extended warranty- which we negotiated down and payed cash for.
Guess we are just lucky!

If anybody is looking in the Okc area, I can hook you up with these guys.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich and char View Post
Years ago we bought the 1 year extended warranty thru forest river at the purchasing dealership for 100.00 dollars for our flagstaff.
We also have a CC 36ckts on order, is the extended 1 year warranty from the dealership , or directly from F.R. and does anyone know the price, and is there a link to the warranty to print it out.

I can't find it on the above link.

Thanks,
Rich
It should be in your owners pack. It is $250 and is from forest river.

Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #23

XLR Viper 305XV12 either, we will have to see when ours comes in..
Old 02-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Papi

Thanks to all!

Once again I have been pleased at the thoughtful replies and insights. Yes, I am quite pleased with my purchase and with regard to the 2nd year warranty, well, if I can't talk the dealer into at least sharing, yes, I will definately buy it myself. Otherwise I am looking forward to visiting the forum with more trials and tribulations.
It sure will be an uptick from the 2000 Mallard TT and the 150 we had for 12 years! I am looking forward to it so much I even edited my info to include equipment, etc. Thanks again! Whoo Hoo...here we go - - - -
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #25

Had a similar situation whereby we were told by several salesman that the dealer was offering a $1000 visa card if you purchased at the RV show. When push came to shove and we were ready to order, we were told that the $1000 card was only good on in stock units. We walked and went back the next day and told the salesman how we understood that they wanted to move in stock units, but that it was disappointing to us that we were never told at any point in the process that the gift card wasn't applicable to ordered units. We had several options that we wanted that totaled around $1000, and told the salesman that we understood that he couldn't get us the gift card, but if he could get the options added in lieu of the card we had a deal. The dealership jumpe on that. My advice to you...tell them how disappointed you are and how their neglecting to tell you about the FR extended warranty nearly caused you to miss out on some very cheap extended coverage and that because of their quasi deception that you'd like them to make you a pretty sweet deal on the upgraded pinbox you want. Kinda iffy since they already have your money, but worth a try.

FYI, I asked the factory rep at the RV show why instead of offering the 2nd year at what seems like a token cost they don't just provide a 2 year warranty, as it surely would be a huge selling point. He said it's because the dealers make too much $$$ off selling 3rd party extended warranties.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #26
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Call Bobby Bradley, Customer Service Manager at Forest River and ask him about the FR second year warranty extension. You might be surprised with his response.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Call Bobby Bradley, Customer Service Manager at Forest River and ask him about the FR second year warranty extension. You might be surprised with his response.

Now you got me curious....

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post

What Phone number did you use???

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote