Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #21

It is back at the dealer all looks good so far. I did find that it has a new TrailerAir pin box on it and the repairs look good. My dealer is going to clean it and pack the wheel bearings on Cedar Creek. Hope to have it home early this week, as my driveways is just dried enough to get it home.

Sent from my C811 4G using Forest River Forums mobile app
Jscribner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #22
Plain Old Member

That's good to hear. Man, guessing they just threw in the TrailAir pin box as a gift? Glad this seems to be coming to an end for yall. Good timing.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #23

Talked to the dealer this morning and they found one of the brake assemblies had fallen apart. This is the third time this has happened. Not sure if it is one that has failed before, both of the curb sides have been replaced. Parts are on order so hope it is done this week.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #24
Plain Old Member

Did you get the rest of the issues resolved?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #25

No the brake assembly did not show up. That is the only major thing left. We are out camping in it the side wall looks good fingers crossed. I have gotten a better look at things and notice Lippert welded all over on the frame, from the front axle back mostly on the top both inside and out. This must be how they made the camber adjustment I was told they did. I also found with the Trailair pin box it rides better but the chucking is very very bad,was never an issue with the standard pin. The DW said if I do not fix it she won't ride in the truck, and we where a Smooth road. I also found the rear gray tank valve cable stuck due to the road salt that got all over and you can tell. The battery must have froze when it was out in Indiana, will not hold a charge now. I think the dealer should be able to get Cedar Creek to take care of most of it. We are very grateful they step up and made all of the repairs just has been a long road. We have had a great weekend on Lake Champlain just wish it was longer.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #26
Plain Old Member

Thanks for the update. I hope our issues are coming to an end as well. New front cap, new outdoor kitchen door, new control box in rear AC, new master bed slide floor and a few other small items. As for your pin box, I'm sure somebody else will chime in with their personal experience, but after owning the trail air tri-glide, it's not all I thought it would be. I "thought" the glide plate would be like a MorRyde pin box. Not so. It clunks either one way or the other when starting or stopping. If I had to do it over, I'd be back with a MorRyde like I had on our previous fifth wheel. There are a couple of roads we frequently travel, and they are a true test of a pin box.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #27

Dump valves fix work better than new and they moved them to the bottom of the wall so I can reach them with the slides out. They also took care of the battery. The only complaint I have now is the chucking, I ordered a shock kit thinking it was an inexpensive way to address the chucking. I was told by Lippert they would fit but they do not clear the tires. So now back to square one with the chucking. I found on lipperts site that you can upgrade a trailair to the triglide plate. Has a list price of around $1200 so not sure it is worth it, or if this will cure it. I do no the camper is getting a better ride with the trailair box so i don't want to change that. I hope your luck changes for the better Big JohnD we have had a long road but Cedar Creek has been great about taking care of it all. I am still finding things they repair when they had it. Well best of luck with your list. We are enjoying ours for 12 days in Old Orchard Main. All is good until time to go home.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #28
Plain Old Member

Good to hear. Curious about the relocating of the dump valves. Got a picture of that? On the tri-glide, don't waste your money. It helps, but the glide plate stinks. Clunks back and forth during starts, stops and dips in the road. I saw lippert was coming out with a new one to replace the triglide.

Flex Air Pin Box - Towing

It combines the Rota-Flex and Trail Air together. Guess they finally figured out the tri-glide doesn't work well. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the trailer saver fifth wheel hitch and the MorRyde pin box.

Curious now on the shocks. Mine already has the plates on the axle / u-bolts to accept the shocks, but you're saying Lippert says they'll hit the tires? Glad I hadn't ordered the shocks yet.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #29

This is the rear dump valves,with them hear I can reach between the two slides. Before I was crawling to do it. Thanks for the pin box info I can not find them in any of the online stores but did on lipperts site. I sent them an email hope to get more info on that. I had called Lippert before on the shocks and they told me they would fit. I ordered two of their kits and when I set them up too see their is only 3/8" of clearance too the tires. Not enough for me. I installed a set on our last fifthwheel and it was night and day, but all of the brackets where their on that one. Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404667135295.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	57294  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #30
Plain Old Member

On the flex air pin box, they haven't even put it on the market yet. Should be very soon though. After towing from Horse Cave, KY to Hot Springs, AR today, I was ready to chunk my set up. I read all the time about people being satisfied with the Tri-glide, but they must not have towed the same roads that we have for years. We've made these same runs with all 7 campers, 2 of which were fifth wheels. Towed with stock pin box, MorRyde and Tri-glide. Loaded weights from 13k to 15k. First couple of chucks and jerks today and wife was calling it junk and not worth the price you pay for it. If she notices, then that says something to me. No doubt the air bag takes care of the up and down movement, but does nothing for the chucking. Wife said it feels like our old gooseneck loaded down. I'm sure someone will chime in and say something is wrong with my set up. Nope. Been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #31

I have a Reese airborne 5th pin box on our 41 foot 5er and it helps with up and down and chucking. I bought it over the lippert pin box because the air bag is inside the pin box, and not exposed to the elements. I can not imagine towing with out it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
rbcdp98 is offline   Reply With Quote