Old 07-24-2015, 12:36 PM   #11

Could not agree more on the fireplace, have that also. I am sure this thread could be taken over with this subject as there are many already on heat pumps. We camp a lot during the spring and fall. (spring and fall runs of steelhead and salmon) The heat pump will heat the entire unit without having to turn on or off the fireplace. For the cost of less then $500 originally it just made since to me. Do not have to use propane and am not taxing a circuit when using the fireplace or a small heater in the bedroom, that always seem to be on the same circuit as the receptacle in the kitchen that has the coffee pot connected along with the microwave and TV. LOL

Old 07-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #12

Talking

We just ordered a 2016 33IK. The "new Items/amenities" of the Cedar Creek Silverback Edition are in the attached document. The pamphlet shows the newest paint scheme and the interior of a 29IK, you'll have to interpolate for your floor plan(s). I'm glad we waited for this model.....

Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #13

This attachment may help....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Silverback Edition Photos (1).pdf (3.13 MB, 129 views)
Old 07-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #14

That looks sweet, I still like the bear on the front. Big Duke you will like how the 33IK functions, other then a refrigerator issue, that we hope is solved, it is great.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #15

Thanks BigDuke the 2016's are awesome they really look nice. Now we just have to decide which model. I really like the 29RE but I also like the idea of the 31RK with the kitchen in the rear. Decisions Decisions !
Old 07-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by No more shoveling View Post
Thanks BigDuke the 2016's are awesome they really look nice. Now we just have to decide which model. I really like the 29RE but I also like the idea of the 31RK with the kitchen in the rear. Decisions Decisions !

Just brought home the 31RK Friday. Hoping to go on a trip this weekend to try her out. Our previous unit was a rear kitchen and we wanted to stay with that floor plan.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #17

Thanks mbienve is it a 2016 or 15 model. If it's a 16 any chance of posting some photos. I really like the 31RK as the kitchen area is much bigger than the 29RE but we like both models a lot.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks mbienve is it a 2016 or 15 model. If it's a 16 any chance of posting some photos. I really like the 31RK as the kitchen area is much bigger than the 29RE but we like both models a lot.
We also looked at the 31rk and the 29re, took weeks to decide, both were the same price. My only concern was the weight difference so we went with the 29re. Did I have second thoughts? yea a couple of times but we are very happy with the 2016 re and my 2012 2500HD Chev. pulls it just fine though I did add air lift to the rear. What ever unit you choose good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with a Silverback.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #19

I'm not to worried about the weight difference I have a 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins this thing would tow a building. Just not sure which one we want yet.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #20

Quote:
#RGG4429 - 2016 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 31RK for sale in Scott LA

Here are the dealer pictures of my unit. It is very spacious with the two opposing slides. My wife was worried that there was less storage then our previous model (Laredo 29RK), but we got everything in that we needed to.