Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I know this is an old thread but I just had the permanent fix done by the Cedar Creek technician at the FROG rally. That 4 X 5 inch opening is now sealed. While at the rally I had the opportunity to point out this opening to some of the other Silverback owners.
Oakman, I have a 2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA. I was amazed to find a big opening on drivers side, landing gear area. Is this what you are talking about on your Silverback? How did they seal it? I really need to do something soon before the mice and animals start to take up residence in my front basement. Here is what mine looks like from above looking down.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
Glad to hear you got that opening fixed at the rally Bob, how did the F.R. tech fix/seal the opening? We are planning on Goshen for 2014, does F.R. already know the dates for 2014?
Goshen 2014 will be Aug 3rd to the 9th.

I don't know what the material was that he used but it looks like that same stuff that was used for the other landing gear. He cut the material to size with a knife. He attached it with screws and then used that expanding foam to seal it. Here's a pic of the thin material he used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1691 - Copy1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	37627  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Oakman, I have a 2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA. I was amazed to find a big opening on drivers side, landing gear area. Is this what you are talking about on your Silverback? How did they seal it? I really need to do something soon before the mice and animals start to take up residence in my front basement. Here is what mine looks like from above looking down.

Hmmm, interesting that you have a similar opening on a Cedar Creek model. It looks like you have the self leveling system so you might call Cedar Creek and see what they tell you. In the mean time I would stuff the opening with steel wool or pink insulation as a temporary solution.

Prairiecamper, who originally found this issue, did his own fix. You might Private Message him for assistance.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote