Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #1

Silverback 29RE Front Cap

Looking for a contact to discuss the oxidation on our front cap. Our dealer is useless (Camping World, Avondale, AZ). We purchased the 5 year extended warranty, however, it doesn't cover the oxidation issue EVEN though it has been proven to be a manufactures flaw.. I spoke to our attorney this morning, and he said to go directly to Forest River for a solution before we bring him into the picture. So, can anyone tell me if they have a point of contact for this issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

Silverback 29RE 2013

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #2

I have the same front and top of rear cap oxidation problem that I noticed after about 14 months. I have the second year warranty that will be up in May. I have yet to get my dealer to give me an appointment to do the approved Forest River repair. Forest River only allows 11 hours for the repair. I am guessing this is why the dealers aren't too excited to do it. The Cedar Creek representative will probably tell you to have your dealer do the repair or find any Forest River dealer to do it. I haven't had any luck yet. I initially contacted the previous Forest River warranty person but have been told this is now the person to contact. Good luck.
Your contact at Forest River is:
Cory Germann
E mail: cgermann@forestriverinc.com

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

On my 30RL I got Forest River to approve the repair on the front cap and I thought I had did something by bypassing Tom Johnson and talking directly to Forest River but I was wrong. Tom Johnson told me all Forest River would pay for is 11 hours and it would take 20 hours. I traded the camper and now it's there problem, if this camper's front cap fades I plan to save time and talk to a lawyer first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #4

Ok....mine is in the shop presently being re done. I have a 2015 Silverback 33rl with the brown front cap and light colored rear. I have an appt this morning at Juv Court as a witness against boys that burglarized our home while away in our rv last August.
I can provide info as to contact(s) at FR plus what my service center is doing with 20 years experience with this stuff. It seems gray and brown are the dominant colors. It is across many manufacturers NOT JUST FR.
I will draft a response after I check in and am sitting, waiting and waiting !
It's not EZ being a victim 😣
BTW, my RV center is HUGE, highly recommended, family owned operation on north side of Atlanta.
Many of the key employees left CW disgruntled years ago. Personally, I like CW BUT NOT THE SERVICE areas. Sooner or later Marcus Lamonis will make it a priority to improve. Right now the focus seems ti be expansion thru acquisition.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #5

Contacts at FR are;
Cgermann@forestriverinc.com
(Cory Germann) east coast warranty administrator.

Dldavis@forestriverinc.com
( denise davis, runs service center)

Very responsive people.

My shop has the approved 11 hours as well. They stated that is the correct allotted time for the process.
They will be adding a layer (included) of recommended clear coat which is used on many of the restored classic cars today. They stated no reoccurrence once this is done.
For those saying it takes more than 11 hours or more $$, you likely have a dealer who is working you.
My repair center is: RV World of Georgia. These guys know their stuff.
VERY CUSTOMER FOCUSED. I bought my Silverback via special build order at a show in W Palm Beach while wintering in FL. Likely our last one at age 72. We LOVE Cedar Creek division. My last rv Keystone repair from a blow out was $3000. RV World did the repair. I did full disclosure with selling Silverback dealer in Ft Pierce, FL and he approved it in 5 minutes. It was virtually unnoticeable. The new owner of the Outback was present and I had him look before buying as well. Could not tell. Moral of the story: a great shop is worth it's weight in gold!!
😁
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #6

Silverback 29RE Front Cap

Thank you for the contacts. Cedar Creek has agreed to correct the problem through warranty. We will not be using Camping World. Cedar Creek provided 5 other locations in our area. Lesson learned... Go directly to the manufacturer for a solution.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote