Old 07-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

Silverback 32wrl need feedback

Hello to all! We are new to FR and new to 5th wheeling. We currently have a Jayco Travel Trailer and are considering a deal on a 2009 Cedar Creek Siverback; don't we all upsize at some point! We know the former owner of the Silverback and know it was cared for. He traded up to a motor home.

I am trying to get feedback from current SB owners on how well you like your units and any advice you have for what we need to question and look out for. I recently read something about issues with the king pin box on 2009 SB. Does anyone have anything they can fill us in on?

We have been pleased with what we have learned about FR and think that will be our brand of choice, so we hope this deal may be our deal!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #2

We have a 2013 Silverback and like it alot.
I see on a different post you asked about the kitchen island, my wife loves our island it is nice to have the extra counterspace and storage. I don't know what your payments for a used Silverback would be but if you want to do alot of upgrades you may want to look at the 2013 or 2014 Silverback 33rl . My payment is $300 per month

kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #3

Thanks, that is encouraging! We actually bought the SB 2009 today. We are thrilled with it and feel very comfortable with the age since we know the seller; at least we know the bugs are worked out! Interesting story: The owner traded it locally for a motor home so his wife would be comfortable driving; he could no longer do all driving. We found out and checked it out at the dealer and got a good deal (surprising to be through dealer). We grilled the owner about the unit and he was very helpful. Since he had no stake in the transaction, we were satisfied and took the plunge! Now, I just need an island. I called FR today but no call back. I have been looking online for other options but want to hold out for a FR island if I can get one..... hope they are not too $$$!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #4

Congratulations you will enjoy it. Awhile ago there was a discussion on here on people getting different islands for there camper. I will see if I can find it for you.
Now you have to post some pics of your new camper.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #5

Here is that link.

Does anyone use a kitchen cart?