Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #1

Silverback 35QB4

After much research and poring over websites, photos, and forums, we have decided to order a new Silverback 35QB4. We haven't been able to look at one in person but we have looked at other models with similar features. I would like to know if there any owners out there who would like to share your experience with this specific model. Any problems or warranty issues (aftermarket extended warranty, I'm thinking not) or dealer issues. We still haven't settled on a dealer yet. We are located in West Tn. and the closest dealer is 120 miles, closest but unfortunately the most expensive by far also. Let us know what you think.
Prodigy Controller

dlturner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

35qb4

dlturner, you are buying a good unit. Silverbacks are nice units. In fact Cedar Creek we found do make the best from the rest. We did plenty of research like you and felt we made the right choice. I know others will say the same and sure you will have others that disagree. I have the 2008 36L5S which has 5 slide outs, the 35Qb4 only has 4. It's the same floor plan with bunk house and bath and 1/2. It's a big spacious unit. We special ordered our unit with upgrades and changes and glad we did. We never had a problem with our unit. I heard that their service is great. I'm not writing to sell you my unit, but I do have it up for sale. I just got it inspected, it's never been cooked or smoked in and it still smells new when you walk in. We camp 4 weekends a year if were lucky and the campground is only 10 minutes away. If interested, I can email 20 photo's along with everything that will go with the unit. If interested, let me know.
jrlehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #3

Ordered it yesterday!

Ordered our new 2013 35QB4 yesterday! Can't wait for it to get here. They told us 10 weeks for delivery. I was hoping for less but I think it will be worth the wait to get it the way we want it. We're very excited.
Prodigy Controller

Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #4

dlturner, that's about right. They told us the same when we special ordered ours. The weeks will go faster then you think. You will enjoy many years of fun and camping experiences. Congrats.
jrlehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #5

Silverback 35QB4

We have ours on order, with lots of extras - for fantastic customer service, great pricing and a great all-around experience, try Cheyenne Camping Centre in Walcott, Iowa...this is our second unit from them and it is worth the drive for us from Cochrane, Alberta, Canada!
2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

mdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #6

We went with the dealer in Huntsville, Al, Reeds Camper Sales. They gave us the best price out of 4 dealers, except 1 that was too far to justify the difference. I did have them check on the tires. They said the the 35QB4 and the 35RE come standard with American made tires. Wonder why not on all models?
Prodigy Controller

Old 03-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #7

Roof Vents

I have a couple of questions for you owners. How many manual roof vents are there? I want to put Maxxair covers on those as well as the bathroom fan. The fan in the kitchen I believe is the automatic rain sensor model. I have never had one like that, but I am assuming there is no need for a cover, which would also cover up the rain sensor, making it useless, correct? I wanted to order them before I get the trailer, but I'm not sure exactly how many I need. I have the 2nd AC so there won't be one in the bedroom.
Prodigy Controller

Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlturner00 View Post
I have a couple of questions for you owners. How many manual roof vents are there? I want to put Maxxair covers on those as well as the bathroom fan. The fan in the kitchen I believe is the automatic rain sensor model. I have never had one like that, but I am assuming there is no need for a cover, which would also cover up the rain sensor, making it useless, correct? I wanted to order them before I get the trailer, but I'm not sure exactly how many I need. I have the 2nd AC so there won't be one in the bedroom.
My recommendation is that you have the factory put in a fantastic fan or create a breeze (what ever the option is) if they are not std on all vents, Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan Vent - Product - Camping World

that way all the vents are on a switch and you can open and close them without a step stool/ladder, you will be surprised how high the ceiling is when you want to open a vent.

As for the rain sensor, i do not have one so i can not comment on that, but i do have covers over all my vents and fantastic fans on all of them.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #9

Measurements?

I was wondering if someone could help me out with some measurements. I need to know the width of the space for the TV in the bunk room, in front of the rear window. I also need the width of the dresser in the bedroom. I want to buy TVs for these areas and I'm not sure what size to get. I called Cedar Creek but I can't ever seem to get through to the right person. Last person had a full mailbox and never answered. If anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
David
Prodigy Controller

Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #10

Just pulled the measurement on my SIlverback 35QB4 (2012), Bunk room space is 39" high, 29 1/4" wide, and 11" deep. I subtracted already to allow for clearance at the top for a 12 volt light that is mounted there, and for the curtains and blinds. For the bedroom the dresser is 31 1/2" wide, 13" deep, 21 3/4" tall.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
We have the second AC unit as well so nothing in the MB. The Master Bathroom has a High power fan so get the large fan cover for that one. The kitchen as you mentioned also has the fan with rain sensor. I left that one without a cover because the vent cover has an electic motor that will raise it when the wall mounted thermostat is on(no more need for a stool). The Maxxair cover prevents the fan cover from opening all the way as well as keeping the rain sensor from working(which if you did decide to get a cover would not be a big deal I guess). The bunkroom has a standard roof vent. The rear bathroom has nothing. Enjoy
Old 05-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #12

Still awaiting arrival of our unit. Ordered on 3/22. Unit was built on 5/4. Is this normal timeframe for delivery? We're getting a little anxious.
Prodigy Controller

Old 05-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Still awaiting arrival of our unit. Ordered on 3/22. Unit was built on 5/4. Is this normal timeframe for delivery? We're getting a little anxious.
We ordered ours 10/10/12 and it was not delivered until 12/23/12. I know how you feel, seemed like it took forever, We had at least 3 delivery date schedule slips. Also once it did come in since we wanted it for guests that were coming in town for Christmas we accepted the unit with some issues that we noted at time of pickup, the unit then had to go back after Christmas for these repairs. My advise stay calm, it will come, and don't take it off the lot/pay until your 100% happy with the product.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #14

Camped Sat. night in Huntsville at Monte Sano State Park. Very nice park. We are absolutely loving our new camper. Got several comments and questions from other campers. The Trump mattress is worth every penny. I slept like I was at home. So much more room than our old Rockwood. I don't know what to do with all the storage. I'm sure that won't be a problem for long. The quality and appearance are just fantastic. We did encounter one small problem. The outside kitchen door has two shocks to hold it up. The brackets on the door are just screwed into the door with wood screws. The first time we opened the door one of the shocks popped off. I noticed some of the screws were already stripped out. We didn't see this during the PDI. It worked fine then. I figure they tried tightening them at the dealer but it's just not a good fastening method for that much weight. That door is pretty big. Not a huge deal. Drill through and run bolts through the door should be fine. Other than that we are absolutely thrilled with it. Going out this weekend for a real camping weekend. Can't wait!

Prodigy Controller

Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #15

Camping at Natchez Trace State Park. Man, I love this! Got the whole section to ourselves. And its our anniversary. Life is good.
Prodigy Controller

Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #16

I just found out there are some changes coming to the Silverbacks, some new floorplans, a couple are gone. I understand the 35QB4 has a couple modifications, finishings, bathroom sink is supposedly a bit bigger (great idea) along with something with the sofa, backslpash and a few others.

Does anyone have more info on this, floorplans, lists of features, pics etc.?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35qb4