Old 02-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
Silverback 37BH

Hi All,

We are getting ready to trade in our 2 year old LaCrosse Travel Trailer and have been looking at the 37BH. Hoping y'all can help us with a few questions:

1) we really like the 35QB4 but it appears that the party couch isn't available - does anyone now if that's an option even though not shown on the floorplan?

2) do current owners like or are there other Bunkhouse outdoor kitchen models we should look at (we licked the storage in the bunk and the party couch!).

3) what do folks tow with? We have a YUKON XL 2500 that we will have to trade in. It appears that the Dodge 3500 and Sierra 3500 SRW with a turbo diesel can handle the 37BH. What are others towing with. I get the whole you have to weigh it thing but i can't spend 100K and take it to the CAT scale and have it not work....

4) My wife really wants an outdoor kitchen (we use the one on our LaCrosse all the time). Does the outdoor kitchen have a cooktop? It appears not and if not what are others doing, just buying a campchef 2 burner stand alone?

5) see 3 above, is there a gas quick connect by the outdoor kitchen for a grill or camp stove - it appears that campchef makes an adapter?

6) is it possible to see the TV from the entire party couch? It appears that there is an angle possibly obscuring the TV from part of the couch?

7) are there LED lights under the awning?

8) is there a generator or LP generator preprep available? what size propane tanks does it use two 30s or three or four 20s?

9) i assume autolevelers are available, anyone have it and thoughts? are there strong arm stabilizers available. Does anyone have these or has anyone installed aftermarket.

10) anything else we should be considering in terms of options upgrades?

Chfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
We have a 35QB4, so I can't answer specifically to the 37BH. But hopefully I can answer a few of your items.
1) As of last year, the 35QB4 did have the 12' Super Sofa available. It never was shown on the floor plan, but it was listed on the build sheet.
2) We like our floor plan. For us, the bunkhouse space was a priority over the improved layout of th common area space on th 37BH. Plus, we didn't care for the exterior bathroom door being on the non-campsite side of the 37BH.
3) I ran a 3500 dually for 11 years, and then traded for a 3500 single before the new trailer was on the radar for us. After the first long pull I was wishing for the dually back. We're within weight limits, but the stability isn't there with crosswinds. A 40' trailer will really push the tail of the truck around. An SRW will do it, but the DRW adds a whole different level of confidence.
4) Ours came with a grille for the outdoor kitchen. It hooks on to an aluminum bracket on the side of the trailer and plugs in to a propane quick connect fitting located behind the slide out skirt. Not sure what happens with the 37BH.
7) As of our 2014 model, no awning LEDs.
8) As of our 2014 model, no genny prep available. Two 30 lbs propane tanks.
9) Love the Level Up system. No problems so far. Makes setup and tear down a snap. Actually was the deciding factor in choosing the Silverback.
10) We upgraded to the Trump mattress, which we really like. Kept it a queen though for walking space in the bedroom. Went with a single AC and a Fantastic fan in the front bedroom. We full timed this past summer, and even though the nose was pointed into the afternoon sun, the bedroom was still cooler than the main area. Probably an okay setup for the northern half of the country. We also had them add a table in front of the left side sofa in the bunkhouse. Good for coloring and puzzles on a rainy day without cluttering up the main area. Plus a bunch of stuff I added, like a surge protector, keypad locks, Oxygenics shower head, and some other misc. mods.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck on the camper search!

2014 Silverback 35QB4
2012 Ram 3500 6.7/slushbox
MIFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
The 37BH doesn't have a outside cooking stove but there is a grill mount somewhere. I use my Webber Q so i have never looked where the low pressure connection is located. To have the ability to cook outside we bought an induction unit from Costco for around 60 bucks or so and that works really good for us. I like it better then the propane stove because wind is not a factor. If you boon dock it's something to ponder but we don't with that size of trailer. Myself personally I would have bought the 36QB but couldn't get the double wide fridge and I like the television location better on the 37BH.

The 37BH is heavier but no big deal for me. I tow with a SRW 2014 Ram 3500 and I find it acceptable compared to a DRW however that's a different topic altogether. Bottom line do what you feel comfortable with the TV.

The new 2015"s have a better sink in the main bathroom for the 37BH mine is 2014. Small but huge impact to usability.

The 1/2 bath door location was different but we adjusted without pause but I can see this being part of the purchase pros and cons.

I highly recommend auto levelling plus you don't need JT arms.

I put a Tri-glide Trailair pin box and found towing relaxed due to peace of mind knowing the front frame joints were less stressed and fore and aft chucking was reduced greatly.

I like both 5vers and I agree get the second air from the factory because it will be plumed into the ducting and get the larger Trump King if within your means. The bedroom can accommodate no problem. I could not have camped last summer with only one air unit. I like hot temps but not inside my campers.

Good luck and have a great summer with what ever you buy.
SKGCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
Krusing Since 1975
Send a message via Yahoo to skydoctor
Silverback 37BH

We have that model for the past year. have gone about 5K on the trailer.
1. If poosible try to get the party couch with the 2 standup tables.
2. We like the oustside kitchen with grill attached to side. Plenty of workspace. It is not a cooktop it is a grill. There is a gas connection right under the grill. Very easy access.
3. I currently have a Dura Max 3500HD Silver dully with no problems. It set to haul 20K all day long. The 5K miles was like nothing was on back (SD last July and etc.)
4. No problem seeing the TV plus there is a connection on the wall as you go down the steps.
5.The newer model have under lighted awning that I did not get with mine.
6. No gen at this time. Space under is limited if you put a power reel in.
7. I do not have the auto levelers.
8 Options, double door ref, jack kife sofa bed (back bedroom), back camera, airride
skydoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #5
I'd like to thank all of you for your replies. Forest River owners are the best. After careful consideration we went with the Sierra 380BH5. For towing bought a 2015 Ram 3500 SRW, with factory fifth wheel prep, auto air leveling and a 20 inch tires.

Thanks again.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
Good luck and enjoy. It's all about seeing new places and the adventures that come with RVing... I have another 5000 mile trip planned for Cali this summer..
SKGCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #7
Originally Posted by SKGCRD View Post
Good luck and enjoy. It's all about seeing new places and the adventures that come with RVing... I have another 5000 mile trip planned for Cali this summer..

I wish it was me but one more year and then it's bye bye

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
SKGCRD enjoy your trip and be safe. When towing to the dealer to trade in we lost our LP tanks. When the old dealer put a new jack. The must have over torqued the bolt because the sheared off. Happened after about 150 miles of towing. One of the tanks punctured so the shut the road down. Very scary! Thinking it through, I'm not sure I could have done anything differently.

Safe travels to all and thanks again!