Old 02-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #1

Silverback 37bh question

I have been looking at the Silverback 37bh and really like the quality and layout of the trailer. My only concern is the pitched roofs. It was brought to my attention that the slideout on the passenger side of the trailer has the water running off towards the entrance door on one side and the outside kitchen on the other. Does anyone have this trailer that could provide some information on problems/comments about this?

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #2

33rl which is 36 ft has same cathedral ceilings. The only issue we encounter is when bringing the slides in during rain, keep old towels handy as pitch allows rain to drain onto your carpets.
A live and learn experience 😜
Unless a blowing rain, I generally extend the awning.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna83 View Post
I have been looking at the Silverback 37bh and really like the quality and layout of the trailer. My only concern is the pitched roofs. It was brought to my attention that the slideout on the passenger side of the trailer has the water running off towards the entrance door on one side and the outside kitchen on the other. Does anyone have this trailer that could provide some information on problems/comments about this?

Thanks for the help.
I have the same concern so interested in what the responses will be. Also, seems like there is no option for slide toppers with the pitched roof. So, if debris isn't removed, it would be more likely to end up on the floor while traveling. I prefer slide toppers as they help reduce summer heat gain.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #4

As previously stated, you need to wipe those slides down if closed DURING rain. The rubber seals simply will not prevent water from getting on your rugs or furniture as you merrily go on your way. There are no slide topper options that I have been able to find. As far as debris, YES, it CAN/WILL be an issue, especially when camping in areas of PINE trees. At age 72, I HATE getting up on the roof and avoid it anytime I can. No, not afraid of ladders and heights. Afraid of wheelchairs and caregivers!
One of my best friends, age 74, slipped on the roof of his 40 ft motorhome and fell to the ground. He was LUCKY....hospitalized for 2 days and all good.
I am now carrying a taller folding ladder so I can get high enough with my blower to clean debris. I HAVE BEEN and countinue to search for a LONG adjustable broom type device to remove debris while being flat footed on the ground. (if anyone has good experience, please post it.)
Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 AM   #5

I have this trailer. When we were in Florida it rained daily and I didn't get water inside the trailer from the main slide where the main entrance is located. Depending on the strength of rain you may get somewhat splashed as you enter the trailer but for the most part I didn't notice any issues.

I did get water in my storage areas because the doors are not sealing correctly. Dealer is fixing them as we speak.

Over all i personally wouldn't worry about the cathedral slides they didn't give me any issues.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
33rl which is 36 ft has same cathedral ceilings. The only issue we encounter is when bringing the slides in during rain, keep old towels handy as pitch allows rain to drain onto your carpets.
A live and learn experience 😜
Unless a blowing rain, I generally extend the awning.
What about the bedroom slide? Seems like it is kind of tight to clean up any spills/ debris along the sides after closing the slide.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #7

Bedroom Slide

We check it about 3/4 retracted. Not a problem to do. NOW REMEMBER, we ONLY seem to have concern in the pouring rain retraction. Once rain stops and slides are closing, rubber around them does a great squeegee job.

Just something to put on your RAINY DAY list.

, travel safe.