Old 11-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #1

Silverback 37rth

I made an inquiry to the sales manager for plant 3 who said that the silverback toyhauler is no longer in production. I saw on the forrest river website that several models are DSO, which translates to "dealer stock only" and made the inquiry which drew the response that they are indeed no longer being built. I had difficulty finding one in March this year so if anyone is looking, time to jump.

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #2

They actually do still make this model but now it is a Hathaway not a Silverback, heard the price point increased so they decided to do it in the Hathaway instead, it is now a 38RTH

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...ion/38RTH/4895

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:05 AM   #3

38rth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
They actually do still make this model but now it is a Hathaway not a Silverback, heard the price point increased so they decided to do it in the Hathaway instead, it is now a 38RTH

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...ion/38RTH/4895
The hathaway looks to be the same, except for the price, its a lot more. The silverback toy hauler was priced somewhat lower than the competition. The floorplan itself has been quite popular which indicates a higher value and higher price. It does make the "dealer stock" at the lower price more attractive.

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Old 11-24-2019, 05:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
The hathaway looks to be the same, except for the price, its a lot more. The silverback toy hauler was priced somewhat lower than the competition. The floorplan itself has been quite popular which indicates a higher value and higher price. It does make the "dealer stock" at the lower price more attractive.
Yes with the higher price now that it's going to be a Hathaway if someone was to find it in the Silverback model they could save quite a bit and still have a very nice unit. They make the same floor plan in the River Stone line as well but at a even higher price point, River Stone also offers a front living room toy hauler
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #5

Dealer Stock Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Yes with the higher price now that it's going to be a Hathaway if someone was to find it in the Silverback model they could save quite a bit and still have a very nice unit. They make the same floor plan in the River Stone line as well but at a even higher price point, River Stone also offers a front living room toy hauler
I just did a nationwide search and only found 5 available and all but one was priced a lot higher than the price in March of this year. When I got mine, there were only 2 units east of the Mississippi listed, I drove 600 miles to get it. The dealer I bought from, (Kreneck) in Michigan already has a hathaway model on the lot, and no silverback. Imagine that, a camper that appreciates in value, kinda, ok, in my mind. Glad I bought when I did.

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours