Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #11

Bob ... perhaps you misunderstood the OP. He doesn't have an issue with water coming in his fiver past the seals ... he has an issue with water draining off the roof when he breaks camp and retracts the slides in wet weather.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #12

Hi Bob,

It's actually not us that are having the problem -- mine seems to be manageable with the occasional application of a towel in the right place.

But in the interest of expanding my knowledge, I'm still curious how those gutters prevent water from the sloping top of the slide from dribbling down to the floor once the slide is in -- which I understood to be the question in the original post.

Color me slow on the uptake...

Rich Phillips

Old 11-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #13

Sorry I said anything. Apparently you have a problem I don't have. I guess I'm the slow one.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #14

2x Richp on leaf removal. I have a 6ft ladder and also extendable wash brush. 5 minutes both sides total. Even use it for my kitchen slide as well. No big deal!
I am 73 with back issues. So unless you have a chronic severe issue, not that hard.
I AM putting a topper on the flat slide this Spring.
I also use towels to absorb excess water then retracting slides.
Our unit is the 2015 33RL.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #15

Hi Bob,

I hope you weren't taking offense at my post.

This kind of drainage doesn't really seem to impact our rig all that much. But it evidently does present issues for the original poster. I was just trying to figure out if the add-on device you are using could further reduce the modest issue this design potentially creates.

Best to you.

Rich Phillips
Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #16

Thumbs up A frame roofs keeping dry

I have a Silverback with 3 Cathedral roof slides. The easy way to keep the inside dry when closing slides is to ,go to camping world and buy the white vinyl gutter material that has adhesive on one side. Cut them to length from the top corner of the slide out at a 45 degree angle and put them over or under the windows make them long enough so they start under the rubber seal and go to the outside corner. Trim them at an angle so they go in and out under the seals.Gutters should run from the inside top corner down at an angle to deflect the water to the outside corner, then the water will run out the hole in the floor where the slide meets the inside floor.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #17

Hi Jack,

I think I can visualize what you are describing. I don't suppose you have a picture available?

Also, does the seal close in tight enough where it goes over this channel to prevent leakage there?

Thanks.

Rich Phillips
Old 11-30-2015, 01:26 PM   #18

Sorry the trailer is in storage,as for the gutter make it so it sits outside of the rubber slide seal when the slide is open.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #19

Hi Jack,

If i am visualizing this correctly, I think also about wear on the seal from cycling back and forth up over this gutter/track.

Any thoughts about that?

Rich
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #20

On our 29Re the rubber seals do a pretty good job of sweeping any water from roof.....A day or two before we plan to leave I take my blower and clean any leaves etc from roof AND if it calls for rain the morning we are leaving I usually bring in the bedroom and the slide with the chairs, fridge and stove the night before...Then you only have to deal with the slide on the table and chesterfield side!!!

Tags
frame, roo, roof, a-frame