Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Silverback battery question

Hi everyone, I just picked up a new 2015 Silverback with level-up and 2nd a/c
Anyway how many batteries should I have? The inside sticker states this vehicle requires four 6 volt batteries. My silverback has only one 12volt! Trailer is only 2 weeks old and battery is already dead! Put it in storage 5 days ago and turned off with battery cut off switch and pulled out red key. Nothing to drain it! This is problem number 4! Any info would be helpful.....Thanks
fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Ours came with one battery, and really there's only room for one where it's at. Only reason for 2 in other "stock" units is the residential fridge, which wasn't offered in ours. Could always reconfigure to add another in the front storage area. Would be interested to know your other problems as well. Might can help out a little. If not someone on here can. We've had a LOT.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #3

Silverback 2015 29re

Let's see....when we picked it up the Level-ups didn't work right. Pushed the button to retracted and the bedroom slide would move. So we turn off the three manual knobs to the slides. Then the level up system works. 6 overhead lights in living area and only two work. First time using water, leak behind water heater. All this just getting it home. We still haven't used it yet.....going to Flagstaff, Az for shakedown trip and making a list for repairs. We have an appointment on Saturday for all the warranty work. So glad we mailed our 2nd warranty papers in last week. Thanks for letting us know the scoop on the single battery.
fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
Hi everyone, I just picked up a new 2015 Silverback with level-up and 2nd a/c
Anyway how many batteries should I have? The inside sticker states this vehicle requires four 6 volt batteries. My silverback has only one 12volt! Trailer is only 2 weeks old and battery is already dead! Put it in storage 5 days ago and turned off with battery cut off switch and pulled out red key. Nothing to drain it! This is problem number 4! Any info would be helpful.....Thanks
Our 2012 Silverback 29 RK came with one 12 volt battery.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Well, I've had most of those issues as well, and a lot more. On the lights, those have a lifetime warranty if they're the small LED puck lights. We had several go out. I've gotten replacements from CC and from the manufacturer. Had the leak behind the water heater. I won't elaborate on the issues. Quite long, some major. Either way, just about have all of the bugs worked out of it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery