Old 08-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #21

Not a fan of any picture graphics. Hope they don't go back to them.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosan View Post
Not a fan of any picture graphics. Hope they don't go back to them.
X2

Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I hadn't seen a gorilla graphic either until just last week while we were at the Colter Bay campground. One of the FROG members at the rally had a 2010 29RE that had the gorilla graphic. I really didn't like that graphic.

I haven't seen one of those in years! A gorilla theme just doesn't seem quite right.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #24

Just went onto the Forest River website and they have the new Silverback brochure out there. I currently have an older model Silverback 29 RE. It looks like they got rid of one of the cathedral slides in the main living area, they made the shower bigger but the bathroom has less storage and the faucet is to the side of the sink, there is more storage in the bedroom closet but they got rid of the cut corners on the front cap which on the older models allow for no slider hitch, and they brought back the bear graphic on the front cap. All changes I am not of fan of. I am glad I bought mine when I did!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
Just went onto the Forest River website and they have the new Silverback brochure out there. I currently have an older model Silverback 29 RE. It looks like they got rid of one of the cathedral slides in the main living area, they made the shower bigger but the bathroom has less storage and the faucet is to the side of the sink, there is more storage in the bedroom closet but they got rid of the cut corners on the front cap which on the older models allow for no slider hitch, and they brought back the bear graphic on the front cap. All changes I am not of fan of. I am glad I bought mine when I did!
X2, and the location of the wash basin faucet is just plain dumb IMO! I'm not sure I like the look of just one cathedral ceiling and one regular in the living area.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
X2, and the location of the wash basin faucet is just plain dumb IMO! I'm not sure I like the look of just one cathedral ceiling and one regular in the living area.
I hope they change it back by the time I am ready to buy again. We like our current Silverback so much we figured our next trailer would also be a Silverback. It seems they make major changes every year.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #27

Cut corners?

Are you sure the cut corners on the front cap are gone? The pictures that I have seen look like there still cut. We are planning on ordering a 33RL early next year and have a short bed truck. I admit the bathroom faucet is a little strange but I think they were trying to save room and put a larger sink and add more counter space in the bathroom. Craig
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #28

The corners of the front cap arenít cut as deeply in the new models and that gives the front closet more space. The old design allowed for a 90 plus degree turn with a standard bed pickup. I doubt the new design will allow such a dramatic angle.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #29

I just went to my favorite fair tonight where last year we seen our Silverback that we wanted and bought a small time later. This year they had a early 2014 Silverback 29re which looks just like the 2013 model and they had a later 2014 Silverback 33rl that was a tan color and had the Bear emblem on it and also the Kitchen/entertainment slide did not have the cathedral ceiling.
Likes: bigger microwave, shower/tub combo, recliner chairs with center (ok), tv above dresser
Dislikes: Tan Color, Closet, Flat slide out, ? on turning radius, less storage in bathroom.
I am glad I bought mine when I did.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #30

The most important thing to me is that you can get the 6 point level-up on the 2014's now.