Old 07-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #21
I've bought 2 RVs from Funtown in Waco. Both experiences were positive although the first RV purchase was considerably more frustrating. The salesman was a rookie and failed to properly set up the PDI and sales paperwork for our XLR. But other salesmen stepped in and finished the deal. Then 18 months later, I traded in the XLR for a 2014 29RE. We're liked both RVs but the 29RE just suits us better.

One note on Funtown. They hard sell an extended warranty and never mention the Forest River 2nd year warranty ($250-350). Think long and hard about it. On our first RV, we suckered into the $3,500 extended warranty. Luckily, we never used it and got much of that money back when we traded that RV in for the 29RE. I bought the 2nd year warranty on the 29RE. So far I haven't had to use it (knocks wood).

Funtown did some warranty work on my first RV and it turned out fine. They've never done anything to the 29RE. When I needed warranty work on the 29RE, we were a thousand miles away so we took it to Indiana & the good folks @ Indiana Interstate (Cross RV).

F-350 Dually
Cedar Creek Silverback
Mazda Miata TOAD for sex appeal
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #22
Bought 2015 siverback 33ik in April. We cod not open refrigerator door all the way found board behind the facing is broke. We like 250 miles away and they have made arrangements with a forest river dealer here to fix it. Two led lights out also within a week of purchase so far experience has been positive.

MaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #23
I bought my 37BH from Funtown Cleburne in August 2013, felt like I got a good price (it was on sale as well). Great guy running the service department. (That's the MOST important place to develop a good relationship in any dealership.) He really helped me out on warranty work performed in December 2013.

As or the salesman, well..., typical. He no longer works there. The day of pre-delivery inspection (a busy Saturday) he blew me off. None of the things he personally promise to "throw-in" (less than $30 bucks worth) he didn't. I had already picked up those items myself elsewhere, but it's always nice to have a backup or two.

Funtown gets too swamped with work (in Cleburne at least) and is not good if you need a quick in-and-out warranty repair. I had better luck developing a relationship with a good mobile repairman. Usually can get him in 24 hours, and much faster if it's an emergency.

Although I'm not a true full-timer (I use it as lodging doing oil and gas Landman work, research, etc.) I spend a heck of a lot of time in it. (3-4 nights every week.) It is a lot better than the best hotel living, we can control what kind of a bed we sleep on, etc.) and no longer have to worry about bedbugs.

Wife and I work together, and just wish it was a recreational thing. But all in all, we enjoy it.

Best Wishes!!!
richard75w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #24
Silverback purchase

Thank you all for taking the time to post your experiences. I have decided on the Silverback 29RE, and will be picking it up this week.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #25
You will love it
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #26
I got a great deal on a new 2015 29RE from Funtown in Houston. Sticker was $69,000, and managed to get it for almost 40% less than that. I went ahead and had them install the Reese Goose Box, and the B&W turnover ball hitch. I've never pulled a heavy trailer this smooth. I've read some mixed reviews on the Goose Box, but so far I've been impressed.
I'm not as fearful of the concrete interstate highways with those *&#@!! expansion joints now.
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #27
Hi cc75,
We bought our 34rl from Funtown Waco. The price couldn't be beat and very good service. Cedar Creek stands behind their product so I think you will be very happy.
2011 Ford F-250 6.2l gas 373 rear end
2015 Cedar Creek 34RL
97flhtcui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #28
We purchased our 351-THSS from Funtown Houston (Wharton) and had a great experience. I thought the price of our 5'er was very reasonable for what we were getting. On top of the deal we actually got a second a/c unit for free.
2015 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351-THSS 37' Toyhauler
2013 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 Kodiak Brown Metallic w/18k Superglide hitch and Air Lift rear air ride

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #29
i bought mine from them best people when u buy it very bad service i have more stuff
broken than i needed fixed and the stuff they fixed looked like a monkey did it and they
had it for 6 weeks
al parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #30
You DID NOT get a 2nd ac for FREE . It was a gift/thank you for the $$ you left on the table!

But if you are happy, carry on👍

SilverbackMel is online now   Reply With Quote