Old 07-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #11

same problem with my 2016 29re and I can't even get FR to respond to my inquiry.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #12

Fading front cap

I have a 2015 surveyor 240RB and the cap is fading went to dealer said he would contact forest river to get warrenty squared out. I have a friend that ownes a paint and body shop and does excellent work he told me if it is gel coat it needed marine grade paint and primer and it might last 1 year before the paint started peeling and would look worse than the fading recomended
3M #1 with a final finish buffing pad Lots of work but maybe a better option

Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec9017 View Post
I have a 2015 surveyor 240RB and the cap is fading went to dealer said he would contact forest river to get warrenty squared out. I have a friend that ownes a paint and body shop and does excellent work he told me if it is gel coat it needed marine grade paint and primer and it might last 1 year before the paint started peeling and would look worse than the fading recomended
3M #1 with a final finish buffing pad Lots of work but maybe a better option
I don't believe the marine paint part. The front cap is fiberglass same as a boat or car. My front cap was painted 3 years ago. Epoxy primer, automotive base coat clear coat. Looks as good as it did when painted, No chips, peeling lifting nothing. Your friend needs to talk to a good paint supplier and get the real story on what to use. My rear cap was painted 2 years ago at an automotive bodyshop. Same thing. Buffing and polishing will last maybe a year and it will be just as bad again. Most of the major manufactures now paint the caps. Full body paint jobs have been around for years also. They still look good many years later as well.

Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote