Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #21

Traeger3

Couple more questions. Has this been a problem since you have had the unit or is this something new? How many wires are on each battery terminal or connector? Do the slides work with your TV connected with out being connected to shore power? Do the rest of the 12 volt things work such as interior lights when you are not connected to shore power and on battery only?

Typically the converter is not wired to run the jacks or slides it is wired to run the 12 volt side of the unit thru the interior power distribution box with a set of charging wires going to the battery.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:27 AM   #22

Look in front storage area top right hand side...You will finfd a few cqables terminated on a copper buss bar...this breaker/fuse should be in this area........J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen02 View Post
is there any forums for just Wildcat 5th wheels? If there is how do I get there?

Just google wildcat forum, there one site just for Wildcats, and there one site on here for wildcat

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #24

Thanks prairie camper, I will definitely check that out.
traeger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #25

Curious, have you got the slides working yet?
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #26

Not yet, still can't locate were that 50 amp fuse would go. I can't find it anywhere.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeger3 View Post
Not yet, still can't locate were that 50 amp fuse would go. I can't find it anywhere.
I don't believe there is a 50 amp fuse anywhere! Have you tried the switch near the pump to see if the pump will run? Have you checked the fuse for the pump!

The pump is located in front of the LH side storage area on a shelf.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #28

traeger3
Just re-read your posts, if everything works off shore power but not off the battery when shore power dis-connected, your battery is not connected to the DC buss. Check the battery cut off switch. Or the battery switch is defective or the battery is dead! If it works fine on shore power then all fuses must be ok!
Old 07-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #29

The way I understand the electrical supply is the hyd system works off of 12vdc. When plugged into shore power the inverter charges the batteries and supplies addition power the the 12volt system as needed. When running on just batteries there is no different circuits you just don t have the inverter supplying any power.
I would think based on your stating it works when in shore power the problem is the battery. I quickly read most of the post but have not seen if you checked your battery voltage both when there is no load and when you try to operate the slides.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Andy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #30
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Yes the battery looks to be the initial indicator. A weak battery will not allow the slides or landing gear to properly function. I too had a battery to slider/LG problem. Repair techs found the umbilical cord faulty (battery charge was very low) and replaced it. Two years later, still no problem. Try charging the battery and see if they will operate.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #31

Brand new battery.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #32
Old Member

This is strange. They will not work without the battery in the system, however, they will not work without shore power hooked up. I'm I reading that correct??
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #33

Brand new battery, no fuses seem to be blown, works fine on shore power, yet, doesn't work on battery power. Definitely perplexed. Guess we will take it to the dealer.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #34

Ok it's obvious now that battery power is not getting to the pump motor. It won't be fuses as both battery power and shore power passes thru the same protection devices. Does everything else on battery power work?? Namely lights and fans?? This should not be too difficult!
Old 07-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #35

mine will only work so much on just battery power, if i plug into my tv or shore power they extend and retract no problem,

try plugging into tv,
Old 07-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #36

Lights and fans work fine.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #37

On the back wall of the front storage compartment, there is a 12 volt battery buss bar. (Looking toward the rear of the trailer) on the left side of this buss bar, there are two reset buttons. Might be worth a try.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #38

Treaters;...is there an update? I am curious how your problem has been resolved.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #39

Found out that for some reason we had been missing a 50 amp circuit breaker behind the buss bar. It only had 2 and should have had 3 so we didn't have a complete connection. Looked everywhere but couldn't find the breaker laying around. Don't know what happened to it but all is great now. Smoky Mountains here we come.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeger3 View Post
Found out that for some reason we had been missing a 50 amp circuit breaker behind the buss bar. It only had 2 and should have had 3 so we didn't have a complete connection. Looked everywhere but couldn't find the breaker laying around. Don't know what happened to it but all is great now. Smoky Mountains here we come.

Good find- Missing since new build?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, slide, slide out