Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #41

Seems like the first time I went thru, some didn't show up, but then later they all did. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Jeez, maybe I'm wasting my time putting photos in my posts if no one can see them. Perhaps I'll have to try something different.
Keep posting Oakman...they are working fine.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Jeez, maybe I'm wasting my time putting photos in my posts if no one can see them. Perhaps I'll have to try something different.
They have been working fine for me. I hope you keep posting them, I enjoy seeing the photos!

Old 06-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #44

This is great! I planning on heading this way in 2 weeks. Your pictures and comments turned my thoughts of not coming and choosing a different place to head because of the fires. Hows the CG your at? We have reservation at it too.
fkent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #45

Definitely keep posting pictures. You put up some wonderful ones. My wife and I love visiting Colorado. Someday we're going to get back out there.
2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0l Diesel
TheFlagGang6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #46

Keep em coming. Will probably never get out there to experience what we're seeing through you.
imflyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkent1 View Post
This is great! I planning on heading this way in 2 weeks. Your pictures and comments turned my thoughts of not coming and choosing a different place to head because of the fires. Hows the CG your at? We have reservation at it too.
Elk Meadow is the best of the campgrounds in this area. We're in the "B" section which has narrow sites. Actually I think we have one of the worst sites in the park. Most of the sites will require a bit of leveling from side to side and the roads and sites are a gravely dirt mix. This park does have very good amenities, cable, free wi-fi, swimming pool, mini-golf, etc.

Most of the other campgrounds are in the same general vicinity so take a ride through the others if you have time. You'll be surprised how bad some of the other parks are.

If you look in the western section of the Travel Chat forum I posted about this RV park. Look for the post titled, "I made the right choice."

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #48

We didn’t do much yesterday. In the morning we took the Estes Park Aerial Tramway up to top of a mountain for views of Estes Park. It was a hazy day so I didn’t get great photos. There are trails and picnic areas at the top and they encourage you to feed the critters that live up there by selling peanuts at 50 cents a scoop. The chipmunks were more than willing to take them from your hand.

In the afternoon we took another ride on the Trail Ridge Road. Just before you get to the Alpine Visitors Center there is a snowfield that is accessible for those who want to have a snowball fight in the summer. The field is at an altitude of 12,000 feet so don’t think you’re going to do a lot of running and jumping without getting extremely winded. Also at the turnout for the Tundra trail, watch for Marmots playing in the rocks.

On Friday nights the RV park offers a chili dinner. For $4 you get a bowl of chili and a baked potato. It was pretty good but I’m glad we have Gas-X in our trailer. Maybe I should say my wife was glad we had Gas-X on hand.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #49

We didn’t do much our last day at Elk Meadow in Estes Park. We spent the morning cleaning the Silverback and putting a few things away for our departure tomorrow. In the afternoon we went into town to the local winery and had a glass of wine while sitting beside the creek that runs through Estes Park.

That evening we went to the dinner and show that the campground offers on Saturday nights. The food was OK but the entertainer, David Peel, was excellent.

We’re back home in Jefferson County Missouri and spent four uneventful days on the road getting back. It seems that every time we drive through Kansas the wind is always blowing hard and we never have a tailwind.

The only thing left to do from our trip is wait for the bill from Colorado for using the E-470 toll road from I-25 to I-70 in order to bypass Denver. I believe our bill will be $28.35 for 4 axles. YIKES!

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788