Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Silverback wall leaks

Hi
We have a new 2011 Silverback 29 re and are getting very frustrated we exterior water leaks. The unit has been back to the dealer 3 times now for major water leaks in all 3 slides.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before, or is it my dealers service department?

Thank you
Ge.majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #2

Where is the water getting in?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #3

Have you checked the seals around the slides? Mine sometimes fold under so I always tryt to check them when they are out. I had a OpenRoad 5th wheel once where the tape they put over the screws was not over all the screws so I ended up putting Enterbond tape instead and it solved my problem. Good Luck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #4

After 3 times I'd be contacting forest river if your dealer can't get the job done
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #5

Hi

The carpet is wet on the outside corners of the slides, I am suspecting it is the silicone around the joints as it is only wet when the slides are out and never wet at the slide seal. We now have black mold on the carpet in one area and that is not healthy.
Ge.majestic is offline   Reply With Quote