2017 Cottage Cheapened!
I have a 2014 Cottage on a lot in the Florida Keys. I ordered a new 2017 Cottage for another lot I purchased. I got caught in the changeover July 1 and will be receiving the newer version. I just saw some pictures of the actual changes and I am not impressed.
1. There is a significant reduction in drawers and cabinets to provide a pantry and 55 inch TV. We need those drawers. The new look makes it look like a weird scale. You are 8 feet away from a huge TV.
2. The valances on the windows are smaller and cheaper looking. The small look is out of proportion to the other oversize features.
3. The flooring is a weird, ugly mishmash pattern.
4. The woodwork is supposedly a glazed beechwood with cheap looking "Home Depot builder grade hardware".
5. The slide facias are a burnt wood three dimensional look that seems cartoonish.
6. The couch is longer but with one table and lamp instead of two. It is also the overstuffed pillow look that went out of style 10 years ago.
7. The in wall cabinet in the bedroom across from the closet is moved into the bathroom and is now a linen closet. Reducing bedroom storage.
8. The bathroom sink is now a brown dull looking mess.
9. They eliminated the backsplash over the side cabinet area. In early 2016 they eliminate the tambour door (appliance garage), now the backsplash. They also eliminated the pendant lights in the kitchen and replaced them with the puck LEDs.
10. The thing that should have been changed, the graphics, are still the boring simple stripes.
Overall, the designer is out of touch with good taste. They made it cheaper and saved a few bucks. I'm thinking of losing my $5K deposit and just getting a Park Model. The new interior is just plain fugly!