Old 09-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #1

Slide Issue

Note in the video how the slide is catching on the top wall as the bottom pulls in first. How do I adjust this? Thanks! https://youtu.be/WKZhLnXPn5M

John

4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #2

hmm, that doesn't seem right.
We had the kitchen slide on our RS come out of alignment a year ago, it took the dealer a full day to get everything realigned - I'd say even better than factory.

I'm pretty handy with tools but the slide adjustment is likely the most difficult job on an RV, something I'd leave to the expert.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Looks Normal

We have a 2017 CC Champagne that we use as full timers with over 75 campgrounds of moving our slides in and out. Our does the same as yours, in your video.

Note that the pulling in and pushing out of the slide happens with a single hydraulic piston located under the slide, using a rack and pinion system to push or pull the other side of the slide, in and out.

With the size and weight of the slide, and this type of mechanism used to move the slide in and out, the bottom will move in our out, before the top moves.

Maintenance tip: Keep the underside of the slide relatively clean and lubricated.
JFKMLK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide