Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #1

Slide-out Alignment

We purchased our 2014 36CKTS in late October and drove it to Florida for the month of November and had a wonderful time. The trailer pulls extremely well (Ford 250 diesel longbox). The only major problem was the foot valve on the Dometic toilet blew up so we dried camped for 3 days until it was replaced. (I will be carrying a spare in the future.

My concern is the left-side slide-out (door side) does not seem to be squared properly in the opening. There is less space between the slide-out and trailer wall on one side compared to the other, so much so that the outer weather stripping is not making full contact with the slide-out on one side.
Has any one else had this issue?

FYI
This is a list of the warranty issues

Kitchen
Stove Top Grill- chipped
Chair- chip on rail
Night Blind at Front Door defective
Floor- cut 3" into dark square by table and by vent
Kitchen Tap- noisy
Dometic Fridge fan- noisy and constant

Living Room
Right Drawer off square-won't stay shut during travel
Couch-wire under fold out bed fell off

Bathroom
Toilet Valve Crack-replaced
Shower-collects a lot of water- tilted forward

Bedroom
Closet door- not lined up on right side to slide into grove
Electrical wires under bed get caught when slide goes out
Window clip (closet side) defective

Outside
Propane Compartment- trim fell off
Cap- scratch on left side facing cap
Screen Door- 2 cracks/lock not lined up
Front Compartment-key latch does not touch frame and cannot be locked
MarkSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #2

Good night Lucy!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

Gosh, what a list! Sorry. For what they cost, you expect better quality. Are these all things that happened after you picked it up or is this your list from your walk through? I am going to copy your list and check these things when we pick our CC 36ckts up.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

If your saying that one end of your slide is not fully retracting or not fully extending and you have a Lippert system the adjustements are made via 3 hex nuts on the hydraulic actuators. 2 nuts control the extend and 1 nut controls the retract. 2 actuators are used (1 on each end of the slide room). It's a very easy adjustment once gaining access to the actuator. Of course, if you don't have a lippert system?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #5

This might help? Basicly, the 2 nuts adjust the out and the 1 self locking nut adjusts the in.
Attached Files
File Type: docx MECHANICAL ROOM ADJUSTMENT.docx (26.4 KB, 151 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Site Team

Dometic Fridge fan are noisy mine is too.
Living Room could be a easy fix
Shower-collects a lot of water- tilted forward.. Level / dont tilt
Bedroom...Again adjustments can be made. Wires need addressed. Here again should be a simple fix.
Propane Compartment- trim fell off--
Cap- scratch on left side facing cap--- that sucks can you wax it out?
Screen Door- 2 cracks/lock not lined up--- cracks?? new door?
Front Compartment-key latch does not touch frame and cannot be locked. adjustment could fix that.
Have slide adjusted, I too had this issue.
Sounds like most of the flaws can be fixed without to much of a problem. Hope you were not expecting near perfect. This is typical or the norm
Welcome to today's world of rving.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #7

Give your dealer a call and have the list ready when you take it back.

Calling my dealer tomorrow because of a slide issue and will take it back on Sat.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

Easy to adjust with a little help from someone. Wipers obviously need to touch all the way around. Ours is not perfect by no means, but it works, and doesn't leak. I thought about adjusting a few of ours, until I looked close at some of the clearances inside. Slide fascia dodges a few things by 1/8" on the living room slide. Figured I'd leave well enough alone.

On the rest of the list, none of it is a shocker. I've fixed about that many items on ours, and let the dealer fix some of the more major items. After the last few motorhomes, I'm used to fixing crap. When buying now, I just expect the worst, and hope for the best. Seems every one we've owned after our last Sunnybrook product (Pre-Winnebago Ind), has had it's share of issues. Guess we had beginners luck with the first 4 as they didn't have hardly any issues at all. Near perfect. Just not the way it is any more.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM   #9

We will definitely lower our expectations when we pick up our CC 36ckts. The factory is very busy right now. We were told 8 to 10 weeks. So they could really be rushing to get them out the door.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #10

We have owned 4 Cedar Creeks and none had the list of issues you have. Our present 2013 CKTS is the best so far. Little things come up but I've fixed most myself. I've heard and witnessed horror stories about other brands and some very high end units. Your dealer should fix/repair your issues.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #11
Plain Old Member

Luck of the draw. You win some you lose some. I love them regardless of problems. Good training. You learn a LOT fast when stuff goes wrong. If dealer has to fix, watch and ask questions where you can fix next time, when warranty is out.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

There are many other adjustments that can be made to
allign your slide. The 3 nuts on the end of the ram only
adjust travel in and out. It sounds like your issue is
with the synchronizer and possibly arm allignment. Unless
you know what your doing I suggest that you let the dealer
do this. Especially since it's a warranty item. Your door side
slide is about 600 lbs (est). Safety should be a top concern
here.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #13

After our first two trips out we had a list of 6 items that needed to be fixed. These are the items I considered to be major items (hydraulic leak on front cylinder).. Had some other similar minor items like lock adjustments and such that I did just fix my self. BUT having said that they do need to step up QC on the rigs, but in the mean time I just try not to worry about the small stuff, it is a house in a perpetual earthquake.

2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #14

You have a hefty list of issues, but a good number of those can be fixed with just simple adjustments.

I have a 2013 36 CKTS and I too have had numerous issues to address. A good number of these, I was able to fix myself, but others required the support of the Cedar Creek Warranty Department and a nearby dealership. I must say that Cedar Creek Warranty was very willing and able to help when required. I am sorry to say that my list of problems far exceeds the items you've mentioned. There were a myriad of wiring issues, a refrigerator that would not run, the full interior ceiling that had to be replaced, all of the hinges on the overhead doors were ripped out by the spring closures. There were items needed adjustment in order to operate properly, such as the electric awning. We had chairs and shades that needed replacement, a grey water tank valve that broke and that's only a partial list. Having said all that, I like my Cedar Creek very much and I feel this is like a lot of products that are assembled from diverse manufacturers' components.....some things just don't work or break! I would have hoped for a better QC from CC and the selling dealership and I should have taken more time to do a better pre-acceptance inspection. But now its all fixed and I'm happy and next month I'll be a happy camper in Charleston! See ya on the road.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, slide, slide out