Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

Slide out seals

Has anyone ever ordered and installed slide out seals on their Silverback. Where did you get the seals from and what type are they and did you have any problems installing them?? The top corners of mine are tore up for some reason...Thanks
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #2

Got mine from FR under at no cost under warranty. The flapper part of the seal on top of the slide out had torn at both ends due to the white sealer the factory uses to put these things together oozing out and sticking on the flapper. There are two sizes of flappers 2.75" and 3.75" they are actually the base part of two seals. The bulb seal has a screw at each end. Remove them and the bulb seal slides out from the flapper seal. The flapper seals have several screws that go right in to the side of your fiver along with a bead of silicone at the top to seal it from rain. The bulb seal is the same for the top and sides of your slides ... the flapper is 3.75" for the top and 2.75" for the sides of your slides. I radius cut the flapper seals at each end instead of the factory square cut to hopefully reduce the likelihood of them ripping out again. I also used mineral spirits to remove the excess white sealant so it wouldn't stick to the seals again.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 AM   #3

Thanks...it is the bulb type seal that for some reason has disintegrated at the upper corners for some reason. Not sure if the slide is coming in too tight and crushing them or what. It does appear that it is in a track..
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #4

Bulb seal is an easy swap. Remove the screw from inside each end and it pulls right off the flap seal lengthwise. Get a new bulb seal and slide it right back on ... reinstall the 2 screws.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #5

Good deal....I appreciate the info...it did look like it was in a track but now I know its got a couple of screws,,,,,now that I'm home I'll dig into it......

Tags
seal, slide, slide out