Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #1

slide out under belly fabric

have a 2008 cedar creek 34sats (bought it used) and the fabric is tearing on the slides under belly, some one has tried to repair it with what appears to be duct tape. needlest to say it has not worked, has stuck to the carpet and removed the nap. has anyone had theres repaired and has it remained fixed? haven't had much luck with dealer repair in Florida.
oldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #2

It sounds like you may have to adjust your slideout so the fabric won't drag on the carpet as it retracts\extends. The rollers should make contact, not the material. Bring it in to a Cedar Creek dealer or read up on the Lippert Website how to adjust them. It seems perty easy. BTW, How many times have you whacked your head on that stupid cabinet above the sink??
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #3

Thank you will give it a shot will let you know how it turns out
oldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

Yes that is what is needed, to adjust the slide out. Your slide out has drop down and may i suggest to inspect the distance between the walls on each side of the slide out it may have shiffed to one side causing the rubber seal to be tight on one side.

I have posted this same problem with pictures here on the forum under the thread "Trouble Under The Slide Out" on my Rockwood 8314ss (2006).
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #5

My slide out on my CC was showing a lot of wear on the fabric edges of the slides. Dealer installed some plastic glides that go on the bottom of the slide. I believe that dealer purchased them from the factory. Made a big differance, Slide goes in better with them on there. Note: after they are installed, the slides have to be adjusted for them.
MrAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAllen View Post
My slide out on my CC was showing a lot of wear on the fabric edges of the slides. Dealer installed some plastic glides that go on the bottom of the slide. I believe that dealer purchased them from the factory. Made a big differance, Slide goes in better with them on there. Note: after they are installed, the slides have to be adjusted for them.
X2 i had the same fix installed on mine.