Old 08-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
Slide sequence.

So, we have this new Silverback 29RE with level up and hydraulic slides. When sliding out, the sequence is bedroom first, dining second, kitchen last.
When sliding in, the sequence is the same. The bedroom is the smallest and shortest slide.
The dining room slide has to open before we have access to the fridge. When we make a pit stop along the highway, the bedroom slide must fully extend before the dining slide will start moving.

1. Is there a good reason for this sequence?
If not,
2. Can it be changed?
3. Has anyone changed it?

I'm thinking it's as simple as wire connections to the solenoid, but.......what might I be missing?

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
They are hydraulic and on the same system, so the easiest one to push goes out first (bedroom). You probably have three lockout valves somewhere to allow you to isolate one slide by turning the other two slide valves off.

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Explorer
Xantrex Freedom SW3012 inverter/charger
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab short box
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:16 AM   #3
we have the sb 31rk and thats same sequence as ours. there are 3 knobs in the command center that you can use to manually slide in or out. I tried it and whoa what a mess. so I dont' think I will be doing that number again. dont know how to change sequence since no paperwork showing diagram. but the seq. works for us.
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
In what way was it a mess? I'm thinking of using the lockout valves to selectively open out a slide.....what happened😳?
jaygeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
The lock out valves are very easy to use. Screw in the knob to shut it off, simple. no mess. If you want just the kitchen slide to open, screw in the other two and leave the kitchen knob open. And only that slide will open.
mbienve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #6
Faulty knob hydraulic fluid started leaking.. finally got it to tighten. Dealer replaced faulty knob
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #7
I've used the lock out valves to just put out one slide. It works fine. I've read on the forum that some folks do it all the time. I found the lock out valves are fairly hard to turn so I choose not to play with them much ... anything that doesn't move easily tells me not to mess with it if I don't have to. Maybe some lube would make them turn easier but I don't have the need to tinker with them.

We don't put out slides at a road side stop. Also, I'm virtually certain there's nothing you can do about the slide order. That's just hydraulics following the path of least resistance -- easiest slide to move will move. If at some point another slide became easier, it will move. I've seen my living room slide occasionally move maybe halfway then the kitchen slide starts moving then it switches back to finish the living room slide.
F-350 Dually
Cedar Creek Silverback
Mazda Miata TOAD for sex appeal
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #8
Say whaaaat? I have this set up and use it 100% of the time. The knobs are in that control panel by your hook ups and those knobs turn EZ. No, not so easy your 6yr old can do it but certainly any non handicapped person with average finger dexterity can.
The one labeled "opposing slide" is for the kitchen area. Turn the other 2 off and leave that one ON. Press the interior slide switch and PRESTO, Let your slide out to clear your island.
Now eat! Don't forget to close it as you drive away!!
It ain't hard folks! It's hydraulic!!😁👍
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:09 AM   #9
didnt say it was hard, just faulty as the dealer replaced it.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #10
When I go on the road next year I plan to stop at lunch and put the slide out that the frig is on, I can get to everything else and I like to take a nap at lunch. DW like to watch NCIS on DVD, mostly sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote