Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #1

Squeak in bedroom floor

I own a 2014 Cedar Creek 36ckts that has developed a bad squeak in the floor between the bed & closet.
Any ideas how to fix this annoying issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
dennismartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #2

If you can live with it until next summer, go to the FROG rally in Goshen Indiana and let the CC factory guys take a look at it. If they can fix it, it will be free.

If you can't make that and you trust your dealer take it to them. Another option would be the Cedar Creek factory, but if you can make it there you can probably make it to the big rally.

Sorry I don't have the mechanical expertise to help, but I'm sue you will get some advice here shortly. Good luck.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #3

Might try to reposition or level camper. Mine is between the bedroom and bath. The spot is not real smooth. There was some ruts from previous camper.

When on hard level spot the floor will not squeak. Don't quiet understand it all. Just my observation over time at different spots.

arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #4

I have a 2015 Silverback 37 ft. I keep mine on a very level concrete pad. Has a pop like a knee out of joint. I just don't worry about it. IT IS WHAT IT IS! I have the 2 yr warranty until April 2016 so if it keeps popping, we will go back to The Rally and have it assessed. I know my selling dealer has no capacity to determine cause and take corrective action. Many others have reported this same noise and no issues as a result of it. I have towed this 2015 over 5,000 miles so far and really no concerns. Had minor issues fixed at last The Rally in Goshen. This is my last RV unless I really scale down in 4 or 5 years to a class C. I am over 70, so will likely just park the 5er in N Georgia mountains and use it as a go to place for a few years. Gotta do what cha gotta do!
STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS 😜
(As in thirst for fun and travel adventure).

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #5

We have the 2014 36CKTS also. It has a squeak in the same place yours does. It was that way when we purchased it.

lpritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #6

Could find the squeek and from the storage bay add some shims between the flooring and the aluminum joist. Or for a permanent fix screw theu the flooring to the joist.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #7

Great idea! Thanks

lpritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #8
Plain Old Member

Our 35QB4 floor popped / squeaked in the bedroom, and in front of the fridge / stove area. We just left it alone. You can fix it, but it's really not worth the trouble. Sometimes fixing a small thing can create a bigger issue.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #9

We also have a 2014 CKTS with the same squeak in our bedroom in front of the laundry hamper. It just started so haven't done anything.
Jokerbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #10

We have a 2009 model nuts about right or just got a little squeak in the floor as well .
mycedarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo