Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Heldapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I was wanting to know if I needed a air ride hitch or say a mor/ryde. At Tom Johnson a lot of CC come with a Trail Air TriGlide hitch on them, I get along fine with my Wildcat, I can tell when I hit a bridge joint but other than that not to bad, well sometimes when the road is really bad it will wake DW up or is this just something else the dealer is trying to add on
We too are torn between the TrailAir and the MorRyde. One of the reps at Tom Johnson Concord told me that she had used both and liked the MorRyde much better. We're looking to purchase one or the other in the next few weeks so would appreciate it if anyone would share their experiences with them.
__________________

__________________


Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
Former Full Timer
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,148
TrailAir vs Moryde is an easy decision.

TrailAir will give your trailer and the rear axle of your TV a smooth "air ride". It will do nothing for chucking.

Moryde will eliminate chucking and maybe
some of the shock to your trailer and TV.

So what you want is BOTH. You can achieve that with a TriGlide for the TrailAir
OR a Moryde with an air hitch. OR a TrailAir with a good hitch.
Hope this helps.
__________________

__________________
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Heldapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
TrailAir vs Moryde is an easy decision.

TrailAir will give your trailer and the rear axle of your TV a smooth "air ride". It will do nothing for chucking.

Moryde will eliminate chucking and maybe
some of the shock to your trailer and TV.

So what you want is BOTH. You can achieve that with a TriGlide for the TrailAir
OR a Moryde with an air hitch. OR a TrailAir with a good hitch.
Hope this helps.
Thanks or the info. Been reading up on the TriGlide today and it really does sound like the solution for us. We have a brand new Reese 16K so we really don't want to buy another hitch. Any idea what the approximate weight difference is between the TriGlide & the MorRyde? The shipping weight on one TriGlide I found was 190 lbs. Would the MorRyde be any less? Just a little concerned about adding too much more pin weight as I worry about payload capacity.
__________________


Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SAGINAW, MI
Posts: 9
This may help any folks that are thinking about a mor/ryde from my experience. I purchased mor/ride pin box with shear spring rating at 14,000 to 16,000lb as my GVWR is 15,500 on 2011 36re. But the hitch did not seam to have any movement, so called mor/ryde and was told that I must not have the trailer loaded up close to my GVWR. Mor/ryde sent me a shear spring rated for 12,000 to 14,000lb for free and the hitch now works great. Now the pin box is rated for 18,000lb, doesnt matter on the shear spring.
__________________
MrAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
Former Full Timer
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,148
That's not a simple Question. The MorRyde is an entire pin box . The TriGlide is an add on lower jaw for the TrailAir pin box . Soooo, the MorRyde would be lighter because there is no lower jaw or air suspension. The difference however would be considered di minimus.
__________________
The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Heldapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
That's not a simple Question. The MorRyde is an entire pin box . The TriGlide is an add on lower jaw for the TrailAir pin box . Soooo, the MorRyde would be lighter because there is no lower jaw or air suspension. The difference however would be considered di minimus.
I think we're leaning toward the TrailAir with Tri Glide. Your help is much appreciated!
__________________


Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
Old Member
 
mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 382
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
When you make your purchase decision make sure your hitch is up to the task. As Ducky indicated, the chucking will not be solved by a new TrailAir with or without the Triglide. I have the $863 TrailAir offered as option by FR that I have paired with a Curt 20K hitch and have had no chucking with this combination. The bridge thing is as much suspension as hitch. With the current state of our nations roads, I chose to upgrade to MorRyde's IS system. Wow! What a difference it makes!
__________________
Drivin, Miss Daisey & the boss, Toppi
2018 Berkshire XL40B-380, SFE=244
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heldapay View Post
We too are torn between the TrailAir and the MorRyde. One of the reps at Tom Johnson Concord told me that she had used both and liked the MorRyde much better. We're looking to purchase one or the other in the next few weeks so would appreciate it if anyone would share their experiences with them.
Have had neither, but our Flagstaff would dolphin until I put shocks on the trailer and that stopped all of it. If the trailer hits a wave in the highway, it follows the wave without exaggerating it or transferring it to the truck.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Heldapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Have had neither, but our Flagstaff would dolphin until I put shocks on the trailer and that stopped all of it. If the trailer hits a wave in the highway, it follows the wave without exaggerating it or transferring it to the truck.
Our trailer is equipped with the Equa-Flex suspension. Should this do the same thing? I wouldn't say ours dolphins but we do have some bounce on bad roads but more chucking, especially on bridges & concrete road.
__________________


Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heldapay View Post

Our trailer is equipped with the Equa-Flex suspension. Should this do the same thing? I wouldn't say ours dolphins but we do have some bounce on bad roads but more chucking, especially on bridges & concrete road.
We have the Equalflex suspension, too- I still want a air pin.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.