Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #21
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by Heldapay View Post
Our trailer is equipped with the Equa-Flex suspension. Should this do the same thing? I wouldn't say ours dolphins but we do have some bounce on bad roads but more chucking, especially on bridges & concrete road.
Does the Equa-Flex suspension include shocks? The demo: RV Suspension System - Equa-Flex By: Lippert Components - YouTube shows shocks in the cutaway.

The shocks will stop the bounce.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
I assume that it does but would have to ask DH. I know there's an emblem on the side that says ours is equipped with the Equa-Flex suspension system.

So do you think we would be just as well off with the Mor/Ryde?

By the way, we camp in your area quite a bit. We were there for Autofair and camped at Tom Johnson's (bought our fifth wheel there too!).

Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #23
A few questions

I am really looking forward to getting our 2013 36ckts. Plan to order it by Friday.
I just need some intell first.
Can I pull the CC WITHOUT a slider hitch ?? I am planning to get the TrailAir TRI-Glide. I have a RAM 3500 mega cab DRW short bed with a B&W turnover ball w/5th wheel companion (18K). It looks like with the long kingpin of the TrailAir and the front cap design it should work but I cant find it anywhere in writing.
And who is pulling a CC 36ckts with a RAM 3500 DRW ? How does it handle the load.
I do have Firestone airbags and a tuner for an additional 60HP (410HP total).
2011.5 Ram 3500 MEGA cab DRW 4x4, B&W 18k, LOOKING to get CC 36ckts.
denhammkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
When it comes to the question concerning MorRyde (IS) there is no, absolutely no comparison to LCI's Dexter suspension. We have 1500 miles so far (IN, IL, MO, AR & TX mostly overused, under maintained freeways) and I do not feel the trailer like I did on the trip up to Elkhart with the OE suspension.

When discussing chucking, remember you are referring to fore-aft movement within your hitch which will not be cured with a new pin box, regardless of make or model. Our MorRyde IS addresses the porpoising associated with the original suspension. The lack of chucking is addressed by our Curt 20K hitch. Our TrailAir simply eases the shock that would otherwise be transmitted to the trailer chassis while towing. In the final analysis, we have chosen the systems we feel will extend the life of our Creek and improve the ride as we explore what this great nation has to offer.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
Former Full Timer

If your dodge is a diesel you can pull the 36CKTS. You just will not be able to make sharp turns. Each time you forget that fact it will cost you at amount of your deductible. Weigh that cost against the cost of a slider (auto is better). Even with a slider, it is possible to turn too tight going forward. That will leave a mark as well. So the bottom line is; If you decide to tow without a slider in a shorty, you will need to carry some heavy plastic sheets and some 100mph tape. I hope you never have to use it.

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote