Old 07-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #11
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
If I recall they said they could send me a reconditioned HW50C that would have the same warranty as a new one, at no additional cost or I would have to pay the difference between the portable and the HW. I chose the reconditioned unit because I knew Progressive would stand behind it. It has worked great for over three years and it is currently on it's second fifth wheel.
Nothing wrong with reconditioned / refurbished units. I buy camera equipment that way all the time. I figure it has been gone over well and checked for everything. Any problems have been corrected. If you buy a new unit it may have gotten past their quality control.

07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
Just wanted to post just how important it is to have a good Surge guard and line check on your unit . We were in Ohio last week and checked in on Monday and when I plugged in and let my Progressive unit do its check of power it found there was no neutral and so I called the office and waited for 2 hours and no one showed up . I went to the office and the manager came out and said that they had checked the power pole and couldn't find anything wrong , so I go back and plug in again and this time it checked ok so I plugged up and later that night our a/c started humming and I shut it off real quick and went out and checked and guess what , we had lost it again and it was 930pm and starting to storm and the temp shot up to over 85 in the 5vr real fast . The dear wife said she wasn't staying there so we jump in the truck and find a motel for the night . In the morning we return and I go to the office and tell them what had happened and want it fixed , again they come out and play with it and it comes on again and works all day until 10pm but the weather had cooled off and we stayed all night this time , get up in the morning and head to the office again and this time I meet with the electrician and show him how I know we had no power and if he can not fix it we wanted to be moved . He replaced the 50amp outlet and we had power for the remaining of our trip . This is why it is why I paid for a good progressive unit , Money well spent or we would of had major problems .
I have a 30 amp plug with circuit tester plugged into it checks for loose or no ground , reverse polarity, etc. Then check with volt meter and use a surge protector. Worked at a campground slack time I would go around checking pedestals could'nt believe how many had wiring problems.

Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 AM   #13
Just install my 50 amp P,I. & it would not work . I called they tech line & they had m do a lot of tests & said the main board was defective & woud mail me a replacement. Still waiting,

2006 GMC Duramax Extcab LB
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
duradiesel is offline   Reply With Quote