Old 10-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #11

It has been suggested that the tailgater will not work with a coax splitter in the cabling. This is not true. My MH has a splitter to allow the rear tv to receive the same input as the front tv and there are no issues. I just use the park cable connection for my tailgater. I believe however that a coupler (looks similar to a plain jane splitter) will not work with the tailgater.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It has been suggested that the tailgater will not work with a coax splitter in the cabling. This is not true. My MH has a splitter to allow the rear tv to receive the same input as the front tv and there are no issues. I just use the park cable connection for my tailgater. I believe however that a coupler (looks similar to a plain jane splitter) will not work with the tailgater.
The example you are citing is a case where the splitter is between the receiver and the TV. You cannot have a splitter between the Tailgater and the Receiver (Vip211) period.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #13

I thought the "same as the front tv" covered that. A satellite signal directly to a tv is not useable unless the tv has a built in receiver. Hey, there's an idea.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #14

Ok got it all fixed, it was the wiring in the trailer, I got lucky there was a factory rep at the place I was having the trailer repaired. They found the wiring was all wrong, they had splitters with the out going in the in and the in going in the out. He called the factory and raised he**, at leased I was told that. The tailgater works great, a long with everything else. Thanks for all the help.