Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #1

Tailgater problems

I’ve got a 2014 Silverback 33RL, and I’m having a problem trying to get my Dish Tailgater to work though the satellite connection on the trailer. I’ve check the connections and they were loose at the work station but were tight under the TV, no good. I also tried it thru the bedroom sat. connection and cable connection in case they were cross wired. still no good. I’ve call Cedar Creek but they are moving everyone around again. So any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #2

Have you tried connecting it directly to your receiver bypassing all camper cabling?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

My Silverback has two connections for satellite in the entertainment center. One is for the pre-wired roof mount the other is for a portable satellite dish that goes through the cable connection in the docking station. Be sure you are connecting to the correct one in the entertainment center.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Have you tried connecting it directly to your receiver bypassing all camper cabling?
Yes that's how I get to work, but I have to pull the cable thru a window.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
My Silverback has two connections for satellite in the entertainment center. One is for the pre-wired roof mount the other is for a portable satellite dish that goes through the cable connection in the docking station. Be sure you are connecting to the correct one in the entertainment center.
Yes I've check that to, the roof sat is right with the TV antenna and the sat is by it's self
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #6

Tailgater Problems! You dont want too go a (Greenbay) Football game! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #7

Be sure you are using the correct cable for the connection from the wall plate to the dish receiver. I believe RG-6 is required. When I hooked up my tailgater for the first time I used some old coaxial cable I had laying around, it didn't work. I had to make a trip to WalMart to get some RG-6 and voila, it worked. Hope you solve your problem soon.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #8

Whatever port, other than your overhead antenna, you are able receive a good tv signal from the tailgater should function also. You just have to switch the incoming cable from that port to the receiver antenna input.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #9

One other point. My gray coax that came with my tailgater did not have good connector crimps (made the signal intermittant). Just a thought.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
CCRVOC

On my CC, the satellite In connections were marked incorrectly. The Bedroom Sat was actually the Living room Sat and vise-versa.
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #11

It has been suggested that the tailgater will not work with a coax splitter in the cabling. This is not true. My MH has a splitter to allow the rear tv to receive the same input as the front tv and there are no issues. I just use the park cable connection for my tailgater. I believe however that a coupler (looks similar to a plain jane splitter) will not work with the tailgater.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It has been suggested that the tailgater will not work with a coax splitter in the cabling. This is not true. My MH has a splitter to allow the rear tv to receive the same input as the front tv and there are no issues. I just use the park cable connection for my tailgater. I believe however that a coupler (looks similar to a plain jane splitter) will not work with the tailgater.
The example you are citing is a case where the splitter is between the receiver and the TV. You cannot have a splitter between the Tailgater and the Receiver (Vip211) period.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #13

I thought the "same as the front tv" covered that. A satellite signal directly to a tv is not useable unless the tv has a built in receiver. Hey, there's an idea.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #14

Ok got it all fixed, it was the wiring in the trailer, I got lucky there was a factory rep at the place I was having the trailer repaired. They found the wiring was all wrong, they had splitters with the out going in the in and the in going in the out. He called the factory and raised he**, at leased I was told that. The tailgater works great, a long with everything else. Thanks for all the help.