Old 10-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #1

Taking the leap (of faith) !!!

I'm just a mere inch from pulling the trigger on a new 2015 36 CKTS special order from Jeff Couch's RV Nation. The price is right and the financing is good. I've researched the insurance and roadside assistance and my tow vehicle is good to go. However, I'm sitting here thinking why I just can't move beyond my doubts, call the salesman, and say "let's do this". I figured the folks on this forum would maybe understand how I feel and possibly lend some common or uncommon sense. We've looked at lots and lots different brands of these units so I know what I'm buying. It's an understatement to say it's not a perfect product. Some friends of ours just had to trade in a 2012 CC 36CKTS on a 2014 36 CKTS because of a major manufacturing assembly related mistake (installation error on 2nd AC resulted in water leakage over a 2 year period). But, despite their misfortune, they wanted another 36 CKTS. They also felt they had no other choice. Not sure I agreed, but that's another story. I'm just afraid of buying something that I have to constantly fix or worse that has problems beyond my capability to fix. Having said all that, we are both on the back side of 60 and really want to try this and we don't want to start small and trade up thru 3 or 4 units (losing money each time) to find the one we want. We feel this is the one we want, but yours truly is sitting here at his computer screen constantly having second thoughts. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant and if anyone has a similar story to tell, I would be very happy to hear it. Signed: future 36CKTS owner, maybe, possibly, not sure, or whatever!!!!

Old 10-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #2

Hey if your on the (Back side of 60) go for it! You (Aint) going to live to be (140)! The Premo years are getting short! Camo on! Youroo!!

Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

To me, the investment in a good time & memories is well worth it. The rv is no different than your car or truck. It's a machine, depends on craftsmanship. Sure it's a gamble, but invest in warranties & a good dealer will be there to help.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hey if your on the (Back side of 60) go for it! You (Aint) going to live to be (140)! The Premo years are getting short! Camo on! Youroo!!
The hell I'm not. I'm planning on living to a hundred and ? then sliding into the graveyard with my hair on fire sayin' it's been one heck of a ride!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #5

No mfg produces 100% perfect rigs, all rigs are a constant upkeep task, all rigs cost extra $$ to keep on the road ($500 today to clean, inspect and fix a few seams, treat for UV, wash rig)... all those aside we love our Cedar Creek and the few issues we did have Cedar Creek Warranty dept worked well with us and our local RV Servicer (not a dealer) to get them fixed promptly and without extra cost or pain in the process.

I would not hesitate to buy another CC rig, just a through PDI when it comes in and before you finalize the deal and then enjoy the camping!
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm with Youroo, go for it. I've bought from Couch's and have been treated good, but I only live about an hour away from them. The one thing that makes a good experience, is have a good dealer who will do warranty work and such for you. Things will happen, they are typically small things, but if your local dealer is a joke, they can turn you otherwise normally good experience into a nightmare. Buy from Couch's, but but since you're not local, find yourself a local dealer that will work on the unit before hand.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #7

Call the salesman!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #8

GO FOR IT. I retired in August and for better than a year prior to that we looked at everything out there. We also had the same reservations as you. When we finally said lets do it, it was like a major weight was lifted, best decision we could have made and have not looked back.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #9

That's what my next and hopefully last trailer will be. Nothing is perfect. If you get into this be prepared to spend about $1,000.00 annually for maintenance and be aware that there are things you must be able to fix yourself. If you aren't somewhat handy this might not be for you.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
I'm just a mere inch from pulling the trigger on a new 2015 36 CKTS special order from Jeff Couch's RV Nation. The price is right and the financing is good. I've researched the insurance and roadside assistance and my tow vehicle is good to go. However, I'm sitting here thinking why I just can't move beyond my doubts, call the salesman, and say "let's do this". I figured the folks on this forum would maybe understand how I feel and possibly lend some common or uncommon sense. We've looked at lots and lots different brands of these units so I know what I'm buying. It's an understatement to say it's not a perfect product. Some friends of ours just had to trade in a 2012 CC 36CKTS on a 2014 36 CKTS because of a major manufacturing assembly related mistake (installation error on 2nd AC resulted in water leakage over a 2 year period). But, despite their misfortune, they wanted another 36 CKTS. They also felt they had no other choice. Not sure I agreed, but that's another story. I'm just afraid of buying something that I have to constantly fix or worse that has problems beyond my capability to fix. Having said all that, we are both on the back side of 60 and really want to try this and we don't want to start small and trade up thru 3 or 4 units (losing money each time) to find the one we want. We feel this is the one we want, but yours truly is sitting here at his computer screen constantly having second thoughts. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant and if anyone has a similar story to tell, I would be very happy to hear it. Signed: future 36CKTS owner, maybe, possibly, not sure, or whatever!!!!
I stressed myself out a bit when I first pulled the trigger about whether or not I had made the right choice. Since then I have learned that there is little that we cannot recover from. On my 3rd trip it suddenly hit me that I did make the right choice with buying the TT and selecting that particular model.

I do have a couple of questions to ask:
1) Are you OK with waiting a little while before pulling the trigger?
2) Are you OK with the unit you selected, the place of purchases and the overall deal?

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote