Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #1

Question Technicians Baffled

Hello all and I hope you have some advice. We have a 2014 Cedar Creek with the 6 point level up system and it has stopped working. With the system and battery disconnected for a few minutes then reconnected there is no effect. The system will not power up so we unplug the touchpad and wait 20 seconds and reconnect. The display shows alternating ERROR and Press Enter to Reset while beeping every 10 seconds or so. Pressing Enter or any other button for that matter has no effect. We have had technicians meter out the wires as well swap out both controller and touchpad. Still the same issue and to ad insult to injury they no longer return our calls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated for a system that is great while working but we are dead in the water.

CC 29IK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #2

Did you look at the master breaker? it looks like a 3/4 thick 4in wide 4 long look to see if you see a flag hanging below it just swing it back up inside the unit. We it could be were you pump is or battery section mine was mounted on back wall by pump.

cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #3

Technicians Baffled

Thanks for the info on the breaker, I will check into that tomorrow and let you know how I made out.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #4

Guessing that your tech checked your batteries and the wiring to the system for proper voltage and amperage? We went thru a similar problem last October. Even plugged in to shore power, our system would not function correctly or not show anything on the screen. Replaced both batteries with two Duracell 6 volts and changed out the short connecting cable between both batteries. Has been fine since.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Guessing that your tech checked your batteries and the wiring to the system for proper voltage and amperage? We went thru a similar problem last October. Even plugged in to shore power, our system would not function correctly or not show anything on the screen. Replaced both batteries with two Duracell 6 volts and changed out the short connecting cable between both batteries. Has been fine since.
Maybe what fixed it was disconnecting the batteries to install the new batteries?
Maybe it reset?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #6

Wish it would have been as easy as a reset. Did the reset multiple times and also have an extra control module as thought that was bad. Turned out to be batteries and a bad cable.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Wish it would have been as easy as a reset. Did the reset multiple times and also have an extra control module as thought that was bad. Turned out to be batteries and a bad cable.
Thanks for clearing that up.... I don’t see where the OP tried the battery disconnect reset though.. might be worth a try. I might have missed it...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:58 PM   #8

Technicians Baffled

There is no large breaker in the area around the battery or with any of the electrical cables up front. The only breaker associated with the wiring is a grey box that has a small black tit on the side and push in to reset. This will remove the power if it trips but so far still in tact. Metered the system myself and the battery shows 12.22 VDC while not being connected and with the whole shooting match put back together I have 12.8 VDC at the Controller and the same at the touch pad. This holds true even once both units have been replaced. I will try to replace the battery tomorrow with a known good one and maybe it is just our six year old battery even though it has been babied. More to come and thank you again to all of you for your thoughts and suggestions. There is not a lot to this system and it really should not be this tricky.

Cheers for now.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:56 AM   #9

Any news on outcome.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #10

Technicians Baffled

With shore power disconnected the original battery metered out at 12.9 VDC with no effect on panel, the battery was then replaced with a new one that meters out at 12.6 VDC. The input panel will still not turn on. There is the VDC reading at the controller with each battery but no control from the panel. I then tried to disconnect cable from the panel, wait 15 seconds and reconnect. The panel will then light up and alternate between ****ERROR***** and ***PRESS*** ENTER TO RESET as well as beep every 15 seconds or so. This issue will not reset and the on/off switch has no effect and only turns off once cable is disconnected. If the power is removed from the controller, and then the cable to the panel is reconnected, and after that the power is connected back to the controller the panel will not beep and no buttons will work. This whole scenario plays out the same way with replacement controller and panel...…..The saga continues.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #11
clr

If the main protector is OK and passing voltage, there is also an inline fuse that leaves the positive connection of the main protector that connects to the same terminal of the positive cable from the battery. In my unit this is a red type inline fuse that is red in color and covered with a red cap sort of arrangement.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #12

Technicians Baffled

The inline fuse has been removed and metered out serviceable.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #13

It may be the Alta board that has went south. The small computer board that controls the slide and level up solenoids.
If you just need to get slides in or jacks up, you can use a jumper wire to power the solenoids and then run the pump in manual or stick a drill motor and quarter inch hex bit in the motor to spin it.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 29IK View Post
Did you check the fuse with a meter or a test light? A blown fuse can test OK with a meter but not pass enough amps to power a test light.

I learned this lesson when trouble shooting a problem for days.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:56 PM   #15

About the only thing that has not been changed unless I missed it, is the wiring harness from the controler to the control panel. There is a diode pak in the harness that can go bad.

There is a small gray reset button on left side of the Alta Board.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #16

have you tried to put the gray button?
Old 08-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 29IK View Post
who would have remove such a safety device?
Old 08-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #18

Technicians Baffled

I have not been able to locate an ALTA board in any of my searches. The slides will function as advertised and we have no remote control for this system. To answer the question of removing a safety device with respect to the inline fuse, the fuse holder remained in place and only the fuse itself was removed in order to meter it. The fuse was then put back into the fuse holder. I have not tried the trouble light method and I am willing to do so, however the power to the controller is 12.9 VDC which passes through the inline fuse. More to come on that issue.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #19

Technicians Baffled

The wiring harnesses were disconnected and metered out by a qualified technician and then left for me to put the covering back on and re-install. When I put the cable in between the controller and keypad I did not see a diode pack but merely just the four wires. I am curious and I will check this cable again. Thank you to all of you for your comments and suggestions and hopefully with your help we can identify and fix this issue. Cheers for now.

Tags
led