Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToLearn View Post
This is what I had to do with my Jensen! then put the radio on aux2
Thank you all. After removing the fireplace to get to the wires for the TV, I removed the Jensen radio, which was in a sealed cabinet. I then saw I had 2 HDMI cables from the TV, one of which went to the stereo. If I set the stereo to "rear aux" I can get some TV sound out of the stereo speakers. I must turn the TV sound all the way up.

Thanks, again, to all those who replied to my inquiry.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #22

I've got a 36CK2. After reading this post, I think I should be able to get our tv to play through the stereo and soundbar. I'll take pics of the wiring setup and post.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #23

Here's how our 2017.5 34RL2 with Jensen TV and Sound Bar works:

Turn TV speakers - Off

Select SB Source to - HDMI ARC

Sound bar now controls audio.

If you do not set TV speakers to OFF you get audio from both appliances that is not simultaneous (echo like).
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #24
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandSH View Post
Here's how our 2017.5 34RL2 with Jensen TV and Sound Bar works:

Turn TV speakers - Off

Select SB Source to - HDMI ARC

Sound bar now controls audio.

If you do not set TV speakers to OFF you get audio from both appliances that is not simultaneous (echo like).
How do you turn TV speakers off?

Old 02-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
How do you turn TV speakers off?
Wow, too simple. I would think our 36CK2 works the same. Will confirm the next time we swing up to the storage lot and check it out. Thanks

Old 02-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #26

One way to turn off the tv speakers is go into menu go over to audio and scroll down to speakers
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #27

X2 Spock123,
Scheinin go into the TV menu and click on the Audio menu. Scroll down to TV Speakers and click it to off. Then go to the Jensen audio system and set the mode to HDMI ARC. see if that works.
splong16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #28

Another option, if all else fails:

If your TV has a 1/4" earphone jack and if your stereo has a 1/4" aux input jack, just connect the two with a 1/4" audio patch cord and set the stereo for the aux input.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #29

I guess they changed everthing. My 2017 34RE all I have too do is turn on the jensen stereo and the tv speakers are muted and sound comes out of stereo speakers. I do have jensen tv and jensen stereo. Are they still using a jensen tv?
cody1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
One way to turn off the tv speakers is go into menu go over to audio and scroll down to speakers
Quote:
Originally Posted by splong16 View Post
X2 Spock123,
Scheinin go into the TV menu and click on the Audio menu. Scroll down to TV Speakers and click it to off. Then go to the Jensen audio system and set the mode to HDMI ARC. see if that works.

Thank you guys. That did solve my problem.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
That's how it's done.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
I've got a 36CK2. After reading this post, I think I should be able to get our tv to play through the stereo and soundbar. I'll take pics of the wiring setup and post.
Ok, this was too easy. I guess the dealer doesn't know what they're talking about when they said the TV sound can't be made to come out of the Jensen stereo soundbar. Per others, all you have to do is go to your tv remote, audio menu and turn off the tv speakers. Then go to your Jensen stereo, audio source and look for HDMI ARC and select that source - done..... TV will even play through the overhead speakers or the outside speakers. To turn those off, there's 3 butttons on the stereo (speakers A, B, C) and you just select the ones you want to play.
Easy-Peasy...

Old 02-28-2018, 06:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Ok, this was too easy. I guess the dealer doesn't know what they're talking about when they said the TV sound can't be made to come out of the Jensen stereo soundbar. Per others, all you have to do is go to your tv remote, audio menu and turn off the tv speakers. Then go to your Jensen stereo, audio source and look for HDMI ARC and select that source - done..... TV will even play through the overhead speakers or the outside speakers. To turn those off, there's 3 butttons on the stereo (speakers A, B, C) and you just select the ones you want to play.
Easy-Peasy...
Mine too.

BUT......for whatever reason.........many of these units do not have the HDMI cable between the Jensen and the TV, and/or they don't have that menu option on the Jensen remote menu.

FYI

P.S.
You don't always have to turn off the tv speakers even.........if they are too loud you get echo. If not, you don't even have to turn them off.

P.S.S.
For whatever reason, my tv remote, the Jensen remote, will increase the sound by turning the remote volume bar up to about 30. Past 30, it won't increase the sound at all. However, for reasons unknown to me, the Jensen speaker remote WILL turn the volume up, way high!!! Really loud IF you add the subwoofer behind the tv (don't forget to turn it ON!!! LOL.....cause I did).

P.S.S.S.
It was a friend on the Forum here that told me how to do it, or I'd have never figured it out either.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:12 PM   #34

FYI

P.S.
You don't always have to turn off the tv speakers even.........if they are too loud you get echo. If not, you don't even have to turn them off.

P.S.S.
For whatever reason, my tv remote, the Jensen remote, will increase the sound by turning the remote volume bar up to about 30. Past 30, it won't increase the sound at all. However, for reasons unknown to me, the Jensen speaker remote WILL turn the volume up, way high!!! Really loud IF you add the subwoofer behind the tv (don't forget to turn it ON!!! LOL.....cause I did).

P.S.S.S.
It was a friend on the Forum here that told me how to do it, or I'd have never figured it out either.[/QUOTE]

You're right, no need to turn tv speakers off, just turn volume way down. Also, I didn't know my system had a subwoofer behind the tv. I'm going to have to check on that.
Thanks

Old 02-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Easy-Peasy...
It appears that paying extra for the Champagne edition doesn't pay for the HDMI ARC cable between the Samsung and the Jensen. I can change the speaker output on the TV and set the Jensen To HDMI ARC and nothing happens. Anyone with a Champagne work the way it should?
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
sh1pper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1pper View Post
It appears that paying extra for the Champagne edition doesn't pay for the HDMI ARC cable between the Samsung and the Jensen. I can change the speaker output on the TV and set the Jensen To HDMI ARC and nothing happens. Anyone with a Champagne work the way it should?
Be sure when making a new selection for a feature on the sound system to press 'Enter' twice. That was the key to me being able to set up TV sound to the sound system.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #37

Now, to figure out if there is a sub-woofer installed and to get it enabled.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #38

What TandSH said. (Yo, our son lives in Savannah.......and thank you for your service)

You can't change the clock setting, or switch to HDMI Arc, or anything........unless you hit ENTER afterwards. Took me a while to figure that one out.

https://www.asaelectronics.com/downl...ion_manual.pdf

P.S.
On the Subwoofer......my grandson had to say "Papaw, your subwoofer is NOT ON". Then after we figured that out, the Jensen remote is used to balance the bass.

Duh.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #39

Did the PDI yesterday. Cedar Creek RE. My dealer had the unit ready. No big deal. They tried to make everything easy. They did 14 deliveries yesterday. 8 bays. Staff was busy.

Wife was mad. FR put different window trim in the bedroom than the living room. They went from a tasteful dining table to the two tone guitar yellow and dull red color. Gag. Antique. She can ignore the trim. The table top has got to go!

On this unit it is easy to get to the tv inputs. Not so,easy to get t the back of the radio.

For sure, Forest River did not plug the Hdmi into the arc input, duh.

Changed inputs and turned the stereo to arc, hit the input twice, and the tv was muted and the sound came thru the soundbar.

Now, I want a sub woofer! Anyone have one that works well.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Did the PDI yesterday. Cedar Creek RE. My dealer had the unit ready. No big deal. They tried to make everything easy. They did 14 deliveries yesterday. 8 bays. Staff was busy.

Wife was mad. FR put different window trim in the bedroom than the living room. They went from a tasteful dining table to the two tone guitar yellow and dull red color. Gag. Antique. She can ignore the trim. The table top has got to go!

On this unit it is easy to get to the tv inputs. Not so,easy to get t the back of the radio.

For sure, Forest River did not plug the Hdmi into the arc input, duh.

Changed inputs and turned the stereo to arc, hit the input twice, and the tv was muted and the sound came thru the soundbar.

Now, I want a sub woofer! Anyone have one that works well.
Mine works great. Blows you away.

Course, it was at month 14 of ownership that the 24 year old grandson said "Papaw, you have a subwoofer back here, and it is turned off!!"....

Duh

FROG AR-0019-242

Tags
stereo, television