Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #1

Tell me about the CC frame construction

What are your experiences with the all aluminum frame wall construction vs. the more common composite laminate wall construction?

Is it less likely to develop leaks in the corners or at roof and wall seams?

Any disadvantages vs laminate?

Thanks
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Full Timer

I think your asking about the hung walls. That was one on the things I liked about the Cedar Creek. Some say Laminate better then Hung walls, DRV does hung walls also. I have seen to many problems with laminate walls delaminating, and the high expense of repair, and the only thing the pro laminate people say there walls are stronger. I would rather take the weaker walls, then walls that delaminate, however I do not feel there weaker and as some show I'm not driving on my walls. I have been from 101 parked on asphalt and 68 inside to 8 outside and 77 inside. If laminate so much better why aren't they building houses that way? If they have to repair anything they can pull a panel from inside and do the repair, I cant see a negative to hung walls.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #3

Yes... I was referring to the hung walls. My experience with laminate wall construction is any leaks will cause swelling and eventual separation/delamination.

After time it seems inevitable that some leaking will occur at corners or seams or windows. Being able to remove the interior panels for repairs and maintenance is a big advantage.

How are the interior panels attached to the aluminum frame?
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote