Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2015, 12:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl View Post
Bareftn, I agree if you have something to tell me call I love hearing your voice,also being an advanced amateur photographer I just cringe when I see all the people taking pictures with smartphones.
I don't think it's the smartphone...it's the individual pushing the button. I'd have problems getting better pix than these with the Canon EOS-5D.
iPhone 6s - Photo Gallery - Apple (AU)
Old 12-17-2015, 11:14 AM   #22
Campground host Mo. State

Oldtool2, Our kids text each other all the time and were on their recipient list but we can't see their texts. only way to find what is going on is to follow them on Facebook.
Days camped in 2015- 111 in 2016-75 in2017-61
Photogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #23

I would rather see any event image of our grandchildren than none. Our daughter has $$$$ photo equipment but is NEVER with her on a trip to the park, bicycle ride, horseback, motorcycling....etc. Planned events: ALWAYS HIGH QUALITY IMAGES.
So, both have their place. As a senior citizen who loves to take kids to various places, i phone photos have to suffice. 👍
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Oldtool2, Our kids text each other all the time and were on their recipient list but we can't see their texts. only way to find what is going on is to follow them on Facebook.
I know that feeling also, that is why I joined fb. I do SHORT TEXTS, read fb 3 to 4 times a week, call them or email them. Only way I can keep in touch. Got 8 kids and step kids, 7 of which I keep in touch with. Eighth one, well we won't go there. 21 grand kids and 5 gg kids. Real easy to lose track, LOL. They go from SC, Tenn, Kentucky to Maine. None in Fl. any more.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #25
Campground host Mo. State

With all your family i can see where you would be on the phone non stop.lol
Days camped in 2015- 111 in 2016-75 in2017-61
Photogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #26

My fleetwood was eight years old when I bought it and we had it for 8 years it was still in great condition when we upgraded to toy hauler because of life changes.

We sold ours to a young couple that if they take great care of it it will last another 10+ years.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #27

Quote:
With all your family i can see where you would be on the phone non stop.lol
Oh, forgot my brother in Az.

The one that keeps me busiest is in SC.. Have a grandson with many physical problems who, when born, we were told would not live to see one. He is now working on twelve ! It really amaizes me what the medical community can do when they need to! I was down there 1 1/2 years ago and when I left he didn't ask where I was, he wanted to know where dog with tail was. He wanted my chocolate lab.

That poor kid is in the hospital more than me and that is a lot!

When I get my prosthetic and can walk I will get my 5er on the road. I have got no shortage of family to visit!

Jim.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Bareftn, I agree if you have something to tell me call I love hearing your voice,also being an advanced amateur photographer I just cringe when I see all the people taking pictures with smartphones.
Yeah, holding a phone out two feet in front of one's face with both arms.....not the best way to hold something steady.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Yeah, holding a phone out two feet in front of one's face with both arms.....not the best way to hold something steady.
But you forget, they have the steering wheel between their elbows to help steady things, LOL.

Jim