Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
jlf

The best Cedar Creek for insulation and AC

I am new to this site and I must say it is a awesome site. So here goes my first post. We are shopping around to replace the 5th wheel we now have. We have fallen in love with all the Cedar Creeks, in particular the 36re. My question is how is the insulation and AC in the Cedar Creek.Seems like we go to these dealers and the power isnt on. We live in sunny Florida where the AC in our 2008 Fleetwood Regal never shuts off and the FW is still hot. Hopefully there is a Cedar Creek 2011 36re owner can help us out.
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #2

Per a Forrest River representive, you can order with three AC units. You may have too push your dealer to get them to check this out, but they will build the coach. The cost is much cheaper than you would think. Check into the dual pane windows and slide toppers.

Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Site Team

sounds like the OP is looking at a used 2011 CC, not ordering a new one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
I am new to this site and I must say it is a awesome site. So here goes my first post. We are shopping around to replace the 5th wheel we now have. We have fallen in love with all the Cedar Creeks, in particular the 36re. My question is how is the insulation and AC in the Cedar Creek.Seems like we go to these dealers and the power isnt on. We live in sunny Florida where the AC in our 2008 Fleetwood Regal never shuts off and the FW is still hot. Hopefully there is a Cedar Creek 2011 36re owner can help us out.
Welcome to the Forums. If you're looking at a used 2011 CC, be sure it has two air conditions that function properly. Cedar Creeks have excellent insulation.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

I have a very similar unit. It has the High Performance 15k ducted unit and the Penguin in the Bdrm. I also live in FL.
During the heat of the day it struggles to keep the temp at 75*. By adding shades or reflective panels to the sunny side walls,
the AC cycles normally and keeps the Creek cool and dry.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Full Timer

I agree with Duckogram and have the same results, but I wanted to add I have been camped next to other brands that claim superior insulation and we were in the same boat, as far as our inside temp and our airs working hard, so I am just saying I don't think you can get much better then what we have in our CC.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
jlf

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Prior to the Fleetwood we have now, we had two Holiday Ramblers. The HR's only had one AC each and we were frozen out. When we went to pick up the Fleetwood we currently have, it was mid Sept in Tampa Fl. It was so hot that we had the dealer install second AC. We then had another layer of tint applied to windows. We then bought all the windows the shades, pillows and anything everything. AC never shuts off. We have decided the Fleetwood is not insulated well. I have fallen in love with the CC 36RE. Has much changed between 2011-2014 36RE
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #8

So far, we haven't had any problems with being able to cool our CC. During the really hot months, we usually seek out shady campgrounds. That may be why we haven't had problems. However, as part of our negotiations with our dealer, he had to install an ice maker in the refer. When I spoke with the tech afterwards, he said he has never seen an RV with so much insulation under the camper. I was glad to hear that! Love our 36 CKTS!!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #9

Not to steal the thread but I could not think about how humorous to me it is as I sit here looking at the snow and thinking how warm our trailer is. To deal with the insulation I think it is better insulated then our last trailer.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #10

Cedar Creeks have great insulation. I have the double pane windows and only one A/C. We frequently take trips to Florida and out West and never considered adding another A/C. But maybe we are cold blooded...lol...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Great insulation but they really love the propane when you have a couple of inches of snow on the Creek or its 32 degrees outside. From personal experience this past winter. Using an Eden Pure type heater now to reduce or eliminate propane use.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

Arrived FL 10/1/12 with 59# propane. Have 32# remaining 6/1/13. Ran furnace 2 days for 15 minutes each morning when OAT dropped to 39* so it was toasty after the shower. Otherwise, Dimplex was sufficient. Mikey, you're on the wrong side of the Gulf.