Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #1

Thermal pane windows CCK

As a newbie to the forum I'm interested in knowing what benefits we can expect from the thermal pane windows in our new 2015 CCK. Also curious about how long it typically takes to get hot water after flipping the switch? We are anxiously awaiting mid April when we can finally spend our 1st night our seasonal site in southern Michigan. Looking forward to your responses.
cck camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #2

We have the dual pane windows in our 2010 36RE, keeps the heat in and helps keep cooler in the summer, a little quieter inside, plus less condensation when the temps drop outside and you have the heat on. On another note our has fogged up and have been trying to get this addressed by Cedar Creek, they looked at them at the FROG rally last summer and have not yet done anything about them, they did ask for the measurements ( again) for the windows, plus they are working with the window mfg to solve the issue so not sure who really is holding the repair up,
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #3

Thanks for sharing and hope you get your window issue resolved soon.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #4

DBLR What do they say is wrong with your windows?
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #5

We have thermopane windows in our Columbus 32 and are very happy with them. There's been no condensation at all. Glad we got them. In our previous Cougar we installed the house type 3M window shrink wrap. It helped but wasn't perfect. Not sure how long it takes us to get hot water but it's not long at all, never been a problem waiting.
bclantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #6

Thanks bclantz, we are looking forward to the benefits of thermal pane windows.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cck camper View Post
Thanks bclantz, we are looking forward to the benefits of thermal pane windows.
You will get the benefit of being cooler and warmer in the winter, they should not condensate unless you have lost the gas in between the glass, same as home double pain windows. As of your second question put it on electric and turn your propane switch on at the same time, 15 mins later you should have hot water....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #8

Hey CCK Camper

I have a 2014 CCK with the thermopane windows and as everyone has stated it keeps the cool/warm in on hot/cold days with way less condensation. I will say my electric went down roughly 50.00 from previous set up that did not have thermopane. I dont attribute all that to the windows but can tell they help.

As for the heater. It is a 20gal tank. I turn the switch on when I go to bed and its good by morning without having to let it catch up if some water is used. If your in a hurry it would take about 2-3hrs.