Old 06-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #1

Things are looking up

My entire first year of ownership of my 2016 33IK was constant disappointment with repairs, unreliability, and dealer's service department ineptness. Now into year two of ownership after having the factory just send me the parts to make it whole ... we have made two trips back to back that nothing has broken, fell off, or burnt up. It gives one a much better attitude.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #2

Hey dieselguy,
We owned a new 2001 Wanderer, 2005 trail bay, 2008 Rookwood, 2009 Cardinal. All had no or one problem the first year and was fixed quickly. Our 2015 cedar creek was not so lucky. We bought it in Feb of 15 and still have things from the PDI fixed. The dealers service dept can't tie their own shoe strings. We are going to the rally in August and getting the rest of the problems fixed at a service center in Goshen. I feel your pain and finally decided to not stress anymore. The factory did all they could with our dealership and when we decided to do the rally they fixed us up with a local dealership. We are fulltimer's and I fixed a lot myself.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #3

Our experiences near parallel one another. I've had a 97 Sportsman and 3 brand new Montana's with maybe 3 issues between all of them. As with you, my luck ran out with the CC purchase but ... like my post says ... things are looking up. I'd sure hate to have paid FR's cost of shipping on all the stuff not to mention the parts cost itself sent to the dealer (waste of time) and to my house last year.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:13 PM   #4

I did a Google rating on the dealers website and the called me 3 days later telling me they will work with us. Never heard another thing from them.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Our experiences near parallel one another. I've had a 97 Sportsman and 3 brand new Montana's with maybe 3 issues between all of them. As with you, my luck ran out with the CC purchase but ... like my post says ... things are looking up. I'd sure hate to have paid FR's cost of shipping on all the stuff not to mention the parts cost itself sent to the dealer (waste of time) and to my house last year.

I hope every thing works out for you!

We our on are second year of ownership on a 34RL and have only two major issue with ours. One was the stove would not stay lit, pilot light would go out after being lit (supplier issue). The other was the Led lights above the chairs and in the bedroom area which are individually turn on, switch had failed ( again a supplier issue). I purchased new and improved designed Led lights and installed them my self, works great know. Other than these issue I am extremely happy with the unit.

I had two other 5er's before this one and we had more issue with our Keystone Cougar, than I have space to write about here. So to me they all have build issue just depends on the luck of the draw as to what you get.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
My entire first year of ownership of my 2016 33IK was constant disappointment with repairs, unreliability, and dealer's service department ineptness. Now into year two of ownership after having the factory just send me the parts to make it whole ... we have made two trips back to back that nothing has broken, fell off, or burnt up. It gives one a much better attitude.
Happy Days are Here Again! Youroo!!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #7

Jim34RL, that's funny.
We bought our 34rl Feb of 15 and when we got home with it we decided to have a TV dinner. Wife lit the pilot light and waited 10 min. Started to put the dinners in and noticed the pilot and burner was out. She relit it and it went out in 2 min. Called a mobile service so suburban would except our claim. First they sent a burner assembly. Still not staying lit. Then they sent out a manifold. Still not staying lit. I asked why they are not sending a thermocouple. Then they sent out a whole new stove-oven. Cost us the first $50 for the service call. Everything else was covered by suburban. It took 3 weeks to get this fixed. Our whirlpool residential fridge was the same thing. Got home and notice it wasn't cold enough. Took whirlpool 3 service trips (2 weeks) and they installed service valves and installed new receiver dryer. The person that put the capillary tube in missed the hole in the rd.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #8

Our first year was kinda uneventful. The LED light string on the nose had a few lights out and the main AC conked out.... The AC I understand was mainly Dometic's fault since they sent out a bunch of defective units back in 2014. Both were replaced by the dealer. The only other problem was on our way back from the Northeast I see the metal skirting flapping a little much. When I checked on it I found one of the metal braces had broken....the dealer is to repair it but once I get it back I am gonna add some extra bracing in there.....other wise we are pleased...its been in the cold and the heat, lived in for almost 3 months and gone for a long long drive lol lol on some rough roads and lots of 65-70 mph....some of it in hail and lots of very heavy downpours and high winds, high enough to rock us around...it has done very well....

My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote