Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou

You were not the original poster. BigChief was.
Although this thread has helped you (awesome BTW) I fear we did not help BigChief at all. Lesson learned.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
I understand but the forum would not allow me to open my own thread so I picked the one closest to my questions. sorry for messing things up for Big Cheif, I really did not mean to. Thanks! Maleia

ambcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
We bought a 2010 CC 36RE in Dec 2011, it was a used unit. Talked to the org owner and was told it had one trip of a little over 500 miles, so with that info I checked the tires out and they appeared to be in great shape, Load Boss, 2009 MFD, G rated. Wife and I took a trip to Fl for 5 weeks and then headed up to DC for the cherry blooms, on trip to DC we lost one of the tires, thanks to our tire tender off before it done any damage to unit. Called Tire Shild insurance and was told to get it fixed or replaced and fax info. Had a GoodYear G rateing put on. After a few weeks got a letter from the insurance company that they would not cover the tire or any part of it due to factory defects. I called them and was told "we will not cover those cheap China tires with factory defects". After going back on the dealer the tire was covered.
After many phone calls and reading reports from other RV companies I think they just may have had some problems with these tires. Not sure if all but the ones made in the 4 and 5th month of 2009 seem to have problems.
You might check with your dealer or call FR about them.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
We have a 09 Silverback 33lbsa and had a blowout last summer and did not find a reason why the tire blew, I always check pressure before trips, then this spring when we brought it home from storage we had all kinds of trouble. The wheel bearings went out the brakes got hot, the bearings are suppose to have been a sealed no grease system. The dealer looked at it and got some numbers of the axle and got them replaced by lippert, but why checking it over they found the leaf springs were flat and the shocks were broken but nobody would stand behind those parts. So $800 later we are back on the road and our dealer said they have only heard of this one other time but while reading the posts here it sounds like a common problem that lippert and cedar creek should take care of. Oh and when we picked our camper of from dealer after all the repairs were done there was another silverback sitting there with the same side of trailer damaged from a blown tire with broken shocks laying on the ground. Its so frustrating to pay this kind of money for something that will not hold up and cpompanies that will not stand behind there products.

jamie29 is offline   Reply With Quote