Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Glad you found us. Since your weights are very similar to mine, once you do the wet bolt kit, and the equalflex or morride equalizer and an alignment I think you will be good to go. CC's are very heavy for their size though so next step will be brake inspection.
Don I am probably over-thinking this. from the info I have gotten so far I am definitely installing wet kit+equaflex (morride is 3x more and from comments from posters that have had both not worth extra cost). I was going to take it in to alignment shop to check wear I think I should do install 1st then have alignment checked does this sound like good action plan? brake inspection and work will be done at same time then new rubber.
Thanks for all the info. I also found good link with photos of wet bolt install instructions CrossRoads RV Fan Club - wet bolt kit - Page 1
Jon
jalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #42

sorry posted wrong link for install this is correct one
Dexter EZ Flex Equalizer Upgrade
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #43

Hi.
I bought everything from trailair direct. Great people to deal with and the parts arrived UPS in less than a week. Good idea to fix everything first then the alignment check. It can be done alone but a lot easier with a buddy. You will need jack stands to support the trailer. Hydraulic jacks to drop the axles. Plus a large assortment of hand tools. Let me lnow how it turns out.
450donn
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Hi.
I bought everything from trailair direct. Great people to deal with and the parts arrived UPS in less than a week. Good idea to fix everything first then the alignment check. It can be done alone but a lot easier with a buddy. You will need jack stands to support the trailer. Hydraulic jacks to drop the axles. Plus a large assortment of hand tools. Let me lnow how it turns out.
450donn
trailair direct is no longer there the only place I have found equalizer is on ebay it seems lippert bought out trailair they have equalizer on lippert site but no link to purchase them will call them. I posted correct link for install photos looks pretty staightforward looks like I only have to do 1 side of trailer at a time is that correct?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #45

Interesting. It has been a couple of years, so I guess Lippert has killed the name?
Tweetys has also been pretty reasonable for stuff in the past and shipping was pretty quick.
Doing one side at a time is going to be a lot harder. What happens is that when you drop one side of the axle it puts things in a bind and trying to get them lined back up is a real pain in the neck. Don't ask me how I know (LOL). BTDT. It is far better if you can to completely support the trailer, remove all 4 tires and drop everything as one package. If that is not going to happen, then you must have some sort of pry bars. I have a couple with a point on one end, like a drift that used to force the springs back into position.
Send me a PM and I will be glad to talk to further. If you want to talk in person, PM me your phone number and I can talk you through the process.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #46

Neighbor has a 36 rear bunkhouse Salem 2012 and inside tires all 4 were worn on the inside. Cause upon dealer checking - negative camber.
both axles need replacing.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #47

just an update of what was found so far, I was going to do the hd wet bolt kit myself but since I knew I had to have alignment checked decided to let repair shop do work, What they have found so far, 1 Wheel bearing was starting to go bad, leaf spring bushings bad + stress cracks in frame NOTE: this seems to be a common problem with this era lippart frame I have found many many posts from cedar creek and cardinal owners with stress cracking on frame that had to be fixed even up to 2009 models. I still have to have alignment done after frame/suspension work is complete. more info to follow.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #48

Glad to hear you are getting it all fixed up before camping season starts.
Monday I installed a set of BFG Commercial TA's.
Tuesday was a new bath sink faucet and a digital volt meter to help me monitor my batteries.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #49

Yes I'm glad I decided to have checked bfg ta's are also on list + just ordered tst tpms for trailer and truck ready to go campen soon

Tags
axle